Bloody TRF....

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been trying to find a section to join. I contacted the TRF about joining a few years ago at the NEC and got put in touch with my nearest lot, who didn't want me as a member because I don't have an enduro bike, so I left it.

I sent them a message about 3 weeks ago now. Not even had the courtesy of a reply, not even an automated one. I think I shall just give up on them they seem awefully cliquey from the contact I have had so far.

Are there any other organisations that cater for gentle green laneers - not hooners. :nenau The ones I see when out walking the dog I woud not want to be associated with, sending rooster tails of stones and earth up behind tham and generally being loud and obnoxious. No wonder they get a bad name.

There are several facebook groups that cater for trail riders. I've got this funny feeling you're going to say you don't do facebook though.

I just joined the TRF on their website IIRC, then turned up at their local meet. i found, like here, if you want to make inroads you are going to have to put yourself forward. Make the effort and you can learn quite a bit.

There are several facebook groups that cater for trail riders. I've got this funny feeling you're going to say you don't do facebook though.

Funnily enough, he does do Facebook.

I can only speak from personal experience & not replying to e mails is plain rude. However, having been in the TRF since the late 80's, I can only say, that the 3 groups that I ride with are some of the nicest motorcycle blokes on the planet.

I had a chat with a the local group representing the TRF at a motorbike show somewhere. I forget where now, but like King Rat found, there weren't interested in anyone without an enduro joining.

My wife then came across a TRF stand at an outdoors-type show (about walking, tents, climbing, etc). It seems they didn't believe that women could ride motorbikes.

I had a chat with a the local group representing the TRF at a motorbike show somewhere. I forget where now, but like King Rat found, there weren't interested in anyone without an enduro joining.

My wife then came across a TRF stand at an outdoors-type show (about walking, tents, climbing, etc). It seems they didn't believe that women could ride motorbikes.

Total rubbish on both points.

Total rubbish on both points.

Going to disagree with you there.
Several different TRF groups in several different counties and two countries.
All so far up their own arses they could clean each other’s teeth.
They certainly didn’t want anyone else involved to do it for them.

Going to disagree with you there.
Several different TRF groups in several different counties and two countries.
All so far up their own arses they could clean each other’s teeth.
They certainly didn’t want anyone else involved to do it for them.
Perhaps they're southerners :D

N Wales TRF secretary is a female trail rider as I believe one or two others are and one of them used to use her GS.
for rides.

Disagree all you want but I wouldn't bother making my points without substance although sorry both you and the other 'woe is me' had problems :D

There is no 'woe is me'... just TRF are not all they are perporting to be. Not answering communications is just plain rude and unprofessional. It says an aweful lot about the organisation. I don't want to become an 'off road rider', I just want 2 or 3 outings a year but that does't seem to fit with their requirements. Likewise I don't want to go hurtling across the countryside at 20mph or faster, bottom gear at walking pace will do me just fine.

I joined the TRF online in 2 minutes. I don’t remember anyone asking me about my bikes.

I’ve done a couple of days with them and (mind you, these were rides for beginners) there was no “hooning” at all, and one of the newbies was, effectively, on a road bike (scrambler type).

It seems they didn't believe that women could ride motorbikes.

I find it hard to believe.

It might be area dependent - Herts TRF did a lot to get new people out on the lanes, lots of rides designed for them and a slow pace.

On the woman side - Bakermans wife 'Becky' is very involved with the Wiltshire TRF

Need to remember it’s not a company, it’s run by people holding their hand up to do stuff, if a reply is slow it might because no ones got their hand up and if you come across arrogance best see it as just an individual being a twat

It might be area dependent - Herts TRF did a lot to get new people out on the lanes, lots of rides designed for them and a slow pace.

On the woman side - Bakermans wife 'Becky' is very involved with the Wiltshire TRF

Need to remember it’s not a company, it’s run by people holding their hand up to do stuff, if a reply is slow it might because no ones got their hand up and if you come across arrogance best see it as just an individual being a twat

Wise words

Perhaps they're southerners :D

N Wales TRF secretary is a female trail rider as I believe one or two others are and one of them used to use her GS.
for rides.

Disagree all you want but I wouldn't bother making my points without substance although sorry both you and the other 'woe is me' had problems :D

Nope the Southerners have women in their groups too, as well you know Tim! ;)

I can only speak from the experience of the two groups I am involved with (Loddon Vale and Oxford). Oxford have very active female members involved and at LVTRF the committee member responsible for welcoming new members is female.

There are also a good proportion of organised ride outs that are specifically designed for bigger bikes (GS/Arica Twin/690 etc.) so it’s certainly not all Enduro bike focussed at all.

OP - no idea how you sent a message, was that an email via website to their central account, or to one of the local groups?

Some recent N Wales TRF posts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-090532.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-090532.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 427

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-090505.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-090505.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 422

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-090431.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-090431.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 273

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-090631.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-090631.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 278
There is no 'woe is me'... just TRF are not all they are perporting to be. Not answering communications is just plain rude and unprofessional. It says an aweful lot about the organisation. I don't want to become an 'off road rider', I just want 2 or 3 outings a year but that does't seem to fit with their requirements. Likewise I don't want to go hurtling across the countryside at 20mph or faster, bottom gear at walking pace will do me just fine.

The lanes are there whether you’re a member or not. Lack of TRF membership doesn’t stop you using them.

I have been trying to find a section to join. I contacted the TRF about joining a few years ago at the NEC and got put in touch with my nearest lot, who didn't want me as a member because I don't have an enduro bike, so I left it.

I sent them a message about 3 weeks ago now. Not even had the courtesy of a reply, not even an automated one. I think I shall just give up on them they seem awefully cliquey from the contact I have had so far.

Are there any other organisations that cater for gentle green laneers - not hooners. :nenau The ones I see when out walking the dog I woud not want to be associated with, sending rooster tails of stones and earth up behind tham and generally being loud and obnoxious. No wonder they get a bad name.
So, a few years ago you had a in your opinion a poor initial response from the TRF, now on your 2nd TRF knocking thread you're not happy with the way some of the riders are riding on a public road (note that, it's not a footpath).

Do you know they are TRF members? Were they on a TRF ride?

Was this the rooster a fault of the TRF?
My general polite reply go's something like this " your prejudice is only surpassed by your ignorance" :)

Back
Top Bottom