GS from November to be supplied with Brembo front calipers

Who gives a flying wossname? The Brembos on my current 1200R are infiniteley superior to the brakes on either of the K50 GSs I've owned. The disks being bigger helps, as does the smaller front wheel.

What if you like to do track days? I prefer the non fading hayes ta very much, and yes have had brembos on track as well.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

The point I was making is that for 99% of riders it makes no difference at all

Own 2 bikes with brembos and have ridden three bmw's fitted with Hayes calipers and non of them have been a patch on the blue spot calipers on my tdm900

I was gobsmacked at how good the Hayes brakes were on a gen 2 XR I rode and thought they were better than the Brembo M50 I had on the Multi

However they are no where near as good as the Brembo stylema things that are on the SF

If you're only ever used to one particular experience (feel, taste, sound... you name it), then you see that as completely adequate and don't complain. Nescafe?? Then you experience freshly ground coffee for the first time?? :D

It's only when you experience something so much better (Subjective!), that you realise that, the adequate that you had, was actually pretty poor.

My 790's brakes are ... adequate?? They stop the bike? Anything to complain about?? If you didn't know any better you'd say that they're fine for the job. A newish rider would come on here and write 'you lot talk shite - the brakes on my 790 are fine!'.

If I Jump on my Tuono though, suddenly I realise just how shit the 790's brakes are !! By comparison they are massively under-powered, wooden with very little feel and once you do that back to back ride, you realise they are proper budget brakes, and you suddenly understand there's a gulf of difference between good brakes and bad!

I completely agree with the comments about feel. Thats the golden chalice - great brakes just give you so much confidence and feedback through your fingers. They might stop you very quickly, but it's the feel they give you when they do it.

I pick up a new 890R next week. Its something like 180KGs wet with a full tank (!!) and has top grade Brembo Stylema brakes on it. Haven't ridden it yet, but all the journos are waxing lyrical about how fantastic the brakes are on it. Should be a good experience :thumb2

Just sold my GSA and now riding a 20 year old RSVR fitted with Brembo Goldlines. I have to eat my words previously...I know it's a lighter bike but the front stoppers are amazing. Having recently ridden an MT10, an S1000R and the RSVR, the Goldlines on that better anything I've previous ridden. Ridiculous stopping power with only light pressure needed on the lever and bags of feel. Pads I think are EBH HH sintered.

If you're only ever used to one particular experience (feel, taste, sound... you name it), then you see that as completely adequate and don't complain. Nescafe?? Then you experience freshly ground coffee for the first time?? :D

It's only when you experience something so much better (Subjective!), that you realise that, the adequate that you had, was actually pretty poor.

My 790's brakes are ... adequate?? They stop the bike? Anything to complain about?? If you didn't know any better you'd say that they're fine for the job. A newish rider would come on here and write 'you lot talk shite - the brakes on my 790 are fine!'.

If I Jump on my Tuono though, suddenly I realise just how shit the 790's brakes are !! By comparison they are massively under-powered, wooden with very little feel and once you do that back to back ride, you realise they are proper budget brakes, and you suddenly understand there's a gulf of difference between good brakes and bad!

I completely agree with the comments about feel. Thats the golden chalice - great brakes just give you so much confidence and feedback through your fingers. They might stop you very quickly, but it's the feel they give you when they do it.

I pick up a new 890R next week. Its something like 180KGs wet with a full tank (!!) and has top grade Brembo Stylema brakes on it. Haven't ridden it yet, but all the journos are waxing lyrical about how fantastic the brakes are on it. Should be a good experience :thumb2

The Stylema are a step up from normally good brakes

Just back from the dealer. Ordered!! Might be ready by the end of the week! Whoop Whoop!!

My mate has found out this could cost him £1K at trade in.. he's had his replaced by Brembo by the dealer and its worth more ??? :blast

what a load of shite.

The front brake on my 1967 Triumph TR6 650cc. Braking needs to be a well planned operation. Grab the brake lever hard and fuck all happens in the first minute or so.!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6737.jpg
    IMG_6737.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 348
The front brake on my 1967 Triumph TR6 650cc. Braking needs to be a well planned operation. Grab the brake lever hard and fuck all happens in the first minute or so.!!!

I remember that as a first class brake on my Starfire. ��

Collected my new 1250 yesterday from Jeffries @ Rotherham and to my pleasant surprise Brembo's on the front :thumby:

Anakees off and Roadtec 01's fitted during PDI.

Collected my new 1250 yesterday from Jeffries @ Rotherham and to my pleasant surprise Brembo's on the front :thumby:

Anakees off and Roadtec 01's fitted during PDI.

The more I use the anakees the less negative I feel about them (well, just about). The more I use the Hayes brakes the more pissed off I am that BMW fitted them to their flagship bike.

Just sold my GSA and now riding a 20 year old RSVR fitted with Brembo Goldlines. I have to eat my words previously...I know it's a lighter bike but the front stoppers are amazing. Having recently ridden an MT10, an S1000R and the RSVR, the Goldlines on that better anything I've previous ridden. Ridiculous stopping power with only light pressure needed on the lever and bags of feel. Pads I think are EBH HH sintered.
Stick a Brembo radial master cylinder and braided lines on to compliment the calipers.......you won't believe how much better they can be.

I done it on a 996 years ago........I couldn't believe how good the brakes got.

S20 5G sent this......

You have to write the corner in advance......to book in

S20 5G sent this......

The more I use the anakees the less negative I feel about them (well, just about). The more I use the Hayes brakes the more pissed off I am that BMW fitted them to their flagship bike.

Still got those black brembo calipers on the shelf , need a pissed off owner ..................:D:beerjug:

Still got those black brembo calipers on the shelf , need a pissed off owner ..................:D:beerjug:

Unfortunately, this pissed off owner wouldn't trust themselves to swap out the calipers, besides the fact that too much has been spent on the bike as it. Hoping that the Hayes get less bitey and wooden once I've done a few more miles, or that they start to leak....

Unfortunately, this pissed off owner wouldn't trust themselves to swap out the calipers, besides the fact that too much has been spent on the bike as it. Hoping that the Hayes get less bitey and wooden once I've done a few more miles, or that they start to leak....
:beerjug::beerjug:

Just sold my GSA and now riding a 20 year old RSVR fitted with Brembo Goldlines.

The first time I tried those was on a Megamoto and they were very impressive. I have three (I think) of those calipers sitting in my garage and I keep thinking that one should find its way onto the front of the X-Country but then it'd need stiffer forks springs and heavier oil. That would probably mean I couldn't ride over potholes, speed humps and yappy wee terriers with impunity.

Back
Top Bottom