Motorrad Connected App

Scotsrick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2017GS minus the sat nav.

So far I’ve been using my iPhone but I’ve since heard that it’s not a great idea.

I’m thinking of using one of my old android phones instead.

My thinking is I use my iPhone sim card in the android phone to download the app. Then take out the sim card and put it back in my iPhone.

Then use the android to run the app as it works offline. I’m hoping the phone will connect to the bike by the cable rather than wireless.

Is this possible? Can I run the app and connect to the bike without a SIM card?

Or am I trying to be a cheapskate and would I be better buying either a bmw sat nav or a third party one?

The thing is I like the app as it is.

Why not just try it and find out?

Live dangerously, out on the edge, pushing the boundaries……..

Just buy a quadlock with anti vibe part, simple job done no issues

The connected app only works with the TFT screen, if you have a late bike with the analogue clocks the connected app is useless

Just buy a quadlock with anti vibe part, simple job done no issues

That honestly might be a better move. It’ll tidy up the fitting as well.

Is there a fixing that would fix on the existing sat nav fitting?

iPhone - 4 of us went for a run around Scotland weekend before last. 2 of us had our iPhones mounted to the bikes for c.900miles.

One suffered a failed screen which could not be unlocked and needed replaced, my camera is fooked on mine now.

Barry

That honestly might be a better move. It’ll tidy up the fitting as well.

Is there a fixing that would fix on the existing sat nav fitting?

Mirror mount fits th OE sat Nav prep bar.
If not there then I have an Evotech mount which places a Quadlock front and centre above the tft or analogue clocks

I purchased a cheap iPhone 6 off eveilbay, for this exact reason ,its fitted to the Gs via quad lock with a Vibration damper underneath, works fine ,if it fails its a £50 phone broke not a £1000 one

Back
Top Bottom