Screen glare / reflection problems....

Robbi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening all.

I've recently fitted a perspex headlight protector and I'm suffering from reflected glare back and up onto the screen, is there a peak type thing that can be fitted to eliminate this, it's very off-putting.

Do you know how Perspex reflexs light ? ... you need a narrow strip of black tape along the “thickness” edge at the top of the Perspex

Ah, OK, so the light basically comes out of the top edge of the perspex. That's great, many thanks indeed.

Robbi

Evening all.

I've recently fitted a perspex headlight protector and I'm suffering from reflected glare back and up onto the screen, is there a peak type thing that can be fitted to eliminate this, it's very off-putting.

I had the same on mine with the hid in low beam. I used some double sided tape and a piece of thin plastic about an inch wide. Just taped it to the curves on the top of the headlight with it almost touching the protector. It helped a lot. I now have the led conversion and because the low beam is on the other side it's worse because the glare is not hidden behind the rev counter anymore. . I've cable tied a piece of old inner tube hanging from the adventure cross brace which has stopped the glare. Doesn't look that good but it does the job.

Think I might have to do some innovative thinking as Steptoe's tip didn't work.

Going to look at the eyebrow idea above over the weekend

Many thanks chaps

My advice would be to dump the OEM headlamp unit entirely and buy an led unit instead. Chalk and cheese. You'll never look back and you'll wonder how the OEM unit ever passed any regulation!

Plenty of info on here about the led units.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

My advice would be to dump the OEM headlamp unit entirely and buy an led unit instead. Chalk and cheese. You'll never look back and you'll wonder how the OEM unit ever passed any regulation!

Plenty of info on here about the led units.

££££££££££££

Screen glare

Got this anti glare attachment fitted to my bike, it’s made by touratech but don’t think it’s available anymore.

Attachments

• DD26CF2D-F88F-4CB4-A412-B3CD973D6391.jpg
    DD26CF2D-F88F-4CB4-A412-B3CD973D6391.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 111
€120-150

And it's worth it

You still get the glare from the perspex protector. As I said above its actually worse with the LED unit because the low beam is no longer hidden behind the rev counter.

Back
Top Bottom