2004 1200GS - Non-ULEZ compliant letter from TFL

alex_rsa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Did a quick search and I cannot see a thread on this, apologies if there is one....

Just received a letter from TFL warning that my 2004 1200GS is not ULEZ compliant. When you use the vehicle checker it is also listed as having to pay.

When the ULEZ was first announced (December 2018) I went through the admin and cost to get BMW to confirm the emissions. This all got sent to TFL and they wrote back saying everything was OK and the bike is except...

Looks like a have to go through some of the process again, still 6 weeks to go so should be sorted in time, and it looks like the vehicle has to registered with TFL to get the exception.

Just a warning if you get the letter, check your status!

Thanks

Alex

There are a few multi page thread from a couple of years ago when the inner London Ulez was first introduced on how to get exemption for both 1150 models from 2001 and all 1200 models. The contact details of the dept to contact at BMW are in the thread. Very very simple procedure and that surprisingly includes dealing with TFL . All my 1150 models are exempt. This one has all you need to know

Did a quick search and I cannot see a thread on this, apologies if there is one....

Just received a letter from TFL warning that my 2004 1200GS is not ULEZ compliant. When you use the vehicle checker it is also listed as having to pay.

When the ULEZ was first announced (December 2018) I went through the admin and cost to get BMW to confirm the emissions. This all got sent to TFL and they wrote back saying everything was OK and the bike is except...

Looks like a have to go through some of the process again, still 6 weeks to go so should be sorted in time, and it looks like the vehicle has to registered with TFL to get the exception.

Thanks

Alex

Well If you have all the paperwork already ???

Why not just submit copies to them

Copies because the twats will likely lose the originals!!!

It was more a heads up that something i sorted in 2018 has become an issue again.

Well If you have all the paperwork already ???

Why not just submit copies to them

Copies because the twats will likely lose the originals!!!
Exactly what I was thinking!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It was more a heads up that something i sorted in 2018 has become an issue again.
Because of your post, I just searched my own details on the TFL site. Mine's a 2011 comes up as exempt

Honestly, motorbikes have been a part of the congestion solution for decades. But they have been just lumped in with cars. If I said I'm pissed about it, I'm understanding!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Went up to Chiswick the weekend thought my 2005 was congestion free as it was registered in July 2005 but it’s seems it’s a 2004 so had to pay the fee of £12.50.

Went up to Chiswick the weekend thought my 2005 was congestion free as it was registered in July 2005 but it’s seems it’s a 2004 so had to pay the fee of £12.50.

I can safely assume my 95 1100 will be £12 then; i doubt i will ever have to pay anything tho;; the days of riding down to Sones to have tyres fitted because that was the only place thar had them in stock has long gone;

If you’ve come from Swansea into Chiswick you shouldn’t pay anything as the ULEZ covers the same area as the congestion charge, which at the moment is only in very central London.

ULEZ charge

If you’ve come from Swansea into Chiswick you shouldn’t pay anything as the ULEZ covers the same area as the congestion charge, which at the moment is only in very central London.
Received this from BMW is the NOX under or over the limit thanks

Attachments

• Bike.pdf
    31.9 KB · Views: 61
I can safely assume my 95 1100 will be £12 then; i doubt i will ever have to pay anything tho;; the days of riding down to Sones to have tyres fitted because that was the only place thar had them in stock has long gone;

and Sones went a decade ago.

Thanks

Alex
Just got a ULEZ penalty notice for my 2004 1200gs, for which I already have a certificate of conformity, confirming the NOX as 0.038, which is much lower than the 0.08 required by ULEZ. It seems that TFL has got the 1200gs as a non compliant vehicle, so you need to have a certificate of conformity, as if you get a PCN, you can respond with a copy of the V5 and a certificate of conformity and they should drop the charge. At least that's what I have done, fingers crossed !

Just checked my 09 GS on the TFL website and it says that I don't have to pay anything to ride into the centre of London.
Check your bike on there and also check that your V5 has the right vehicle code on it. Mine originally had an M code right from the first day of registration on the V5 and showed as a car on the TFL site. I had to get DVLA to change the code, once that was done a few days later I didn't have to pay the London charge according to the TFL site.

Back
Top Bottom