New Sleeping Bag

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a little trip down to these people yesterday and got me one of these. :thumb2
( along with a glow in the dark water bottle :blast). :D

Anyway, if you need a new sleeping bag they are great people to deal with. :thumb2 They got several sizes, shapes and warmth rated bags out for me to “ try on “. They even pumped up a sleeping mat to put them on to get the full effect. Should be nice and toastie now :thumb2
https://downsleepingbag.co.uk/sleeping-bags/Rab--Ascent-1100-Down-Sleeping-Bag-QSG_77.html#SID=18

Nice bag

My sleeping bag was fine, its a new mat i need, the vango self inflating one i bought isnt upto the job.
im a side sleeper, i think thats the problem.... well that and sliding off the bloody thing.

i did try putting the may inside my bag, initially it seemed ok but it did restrict movement when turning over.

i did try putting the may inside my bag….

Take the may out, you’ll find it much better. But I may be wrong.

PS This is the most blatant hijacking of a thread ever.

It certainly puffs up when not in its compression sack! This is it in its storage bag. :eek:

It’s compression sack is also a roll top dry bag so it won’t get wet if it’s not in a pannier etc. :thumb2

Attachments

• 7A16DBA1-F954-462A-84B5-C389718B820B.jpg
    7A16DBA1-F954-462A-84B5-C389718B820B.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 347
My Snugpak Softie 12 Osprey seems to have shrunk in the last few years. :nenau

holy crap,

you better hope it compresses down haha
as for the rating, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't set off in temperatures of minus 25 to go camping lol
although if the temp does drop in the night its good to know :)

Carpet needs cleaning.

Yep. It’s on the list along with getting a new graphic strip along the tops of the sides. And a new knob for the cooker ( which you missed! :D).

You won’t go wrong with a Rab down filled sleeping bag. My current bag is a Marmot one but I only chose it over a Rab or Mountain Equipment one because it was a heavily discounted end of line one and the zip keeps popping open at the bottom after 12 years of abuse and it’ll need replacing soon.

I actually prefer winter sleeping bags not to have a zip in case it fails and I wouldn’t dream of using one with that potential weak link if I was still mountaineering but I’m old now so it’s no longer a concern and the worst they get is a winter rally or two each year :D

i did try putting the may inside my bag, initially it seemed ok but it did restrict movement when turning over.

If you can source a Dutch Army bivvy bag, not only will it make your sleeping bag warmer and waterproof - It also has sleeves on the underside to slide a mat through.

havent used a bag for years, down camping quilt, sheet over Exped down mat, and when really cold put on a selk suit. but it has to be snowing for that

I looked at down quilts but with the amount i thrash about at night I’d keep waking up cold even with it strapped to the sleeping mat. :blast I hate being cold at night.

Just get yourself a decent Rab bag and an Exped, it's not complicated :D

While at the Portsoy weekend my old Mountain Hardware sleeping bag zip finally gave up the ghost! It was a good twenty years old in all probability, and seen much use.

Heading for Huna the next day, to catch the Pentland Ferry at Gills Bay for Orkney, my route took me within five hundred yards from Cotswold at Inverness :D

I don't need a four season all hi-tech 'bag. I only use it in the Camper. I didn't really want a down sleeping bag. I understand you can machine wash them, but they have to be tumble dried? I don't have a tumble dryer ... so bought a Vango Stratos Alpha 250 at £45.00 (Less discount for UKGSer Tossers)
The staff at Cotswold were knowledgable and friendly.

The bag is great, lovely and snug but yet with lots of space. I love it :thumb

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom