How much is it worth?

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it ok to ask on here how much my bike is worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking of selling my bike. Details as follows.

2020 R1250GS 40 Year.

Registered 26th October 2020.

Currently has 6700 miles and serviced last Wednesday. I took the gold wheels off it after 4 miles and put my 17 inch wheels front and back so tyres and wheels are as new. It has additional spot lights and heated seats and BMW headlight grill. It is immaculate and will be fully valeted before sale.

Here is a picture on the day I got it.
917de5b800540ca9278798074e1525c4.jpg

Can you give me an idea of how much it would be worth on a private sale? List price was £19530.

Ehhhh - a hit of 4.5k in 1 year ?

Or are you looking to buy a cheap bike ��������

Ehhhh - a hit of 4.5k in 1 year ?

Or are you looking to buy a cheap bike ��������

It’s a awaful lot in a year. I’m in euro land Sony knowledge of £ prices is limited but I’d be checking adds and so on to get an idea. Good luck with the sale. JJH

I think 16500 to 17000 will be fair price as warranty still exists

I would recommend an asking price privately of 14900

This seems about the right area to me, assuming you want to sell promptly.

Very few used 40 Years about to compare it with.

That's a 20.5k bike. I'd be expecting to lose at least 3.5k on a years's use, though you do have some miles on it, so I think I'd aim to get 16k for it, so try at 16.5k. I think if you pitched any higher you'd be pushing the purchaser towards a new bike.

Reggie,

Trade in price might be ok. The ad above is for a 2021 with less miles and from a dealer.

Barry

£15000 private
May take a while though, as most punters will want finance buying a nearly new bike and a PCP from a dealer on a new bike won’t be far away price wise per month
However there’s a bum, for every seat and you have just gotta find the right bum for your bike

That's a 20.5k bike. I'd be expecting to lose at least 3.5k on a years's use, though you do have some miles on it, so I think I'd aim to get 16k for it, so try at 16.5k. I think if you pitched any higher you'd be pushing the purchaser towards a new bike.

How is that? He says list price was £19.5k. Do they go up a grand when you buy one?

12000 kms nearly new bike run in nicely

No chance of a trade in, no dealer to arrange finance, end of summer meaning it’s unlikely to be used for a big trip until next year and what many would judge to be above average mileage for the age.

JB has it about where I’d pitch it which is £15k.

It’s a nice looking bike and almost certainly worth more to the seller but I think I’m being realistic.

Back
Top Bottom