Change lowered to normal

joegrimes

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know how easy it is to convert a 1200 gs Rallye 2017 from factory lowered suspension option back to normal suspension, is it a matter of changing shock or is there a software issue.

Does anyone know how easy it is to convert a 1200 gs Rallye 2017 from factory lowered suspension option back to normal suspension, is it a matter of changing shock or is there a software issue.

Put out a request in as many sections here as you can for anyone who may want to do a swap.

I had a loan bike for a Spain trip , which turned out to a low frame , I’m 6ft so it was an issue . My solution for that week was to set at Max height run in road / dynamic to balance the increased preload and it was great , turned like 250 . Once back I still , when needed always jacked the back up to get the turn with the standard bike as well. Not a permanent solution but worth a try .

Ride it?

Why buy a lower bike when you want a standard bike?
I usually get a lot better part-ex price for my factory lowered than I would for standard as they have dozens of second hand std bikes, but have a waiting list for second hand lowered.
Just adjust your seat to match its not worth the expense to change it back. It's only 12mm suspension reduction.

Or try asking for a price to trade it in, they might surprise you

Back
Top Bottom