Navigator 6 route memory full. Cannot calculate the route.

Boban

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum. I could not find any similar issues in the posted threads, so I decided to post a new one. I will try to explain my latest experience with my device.
I own the nav 6 since 2017 and so far, no issues at all. Since a week ago, I tried to convert to trip an imported track and when it finished, I have noticed the trip was not complete but shortened for about 100km of total 380km. When I tried again, I got a window on the screen saying Route cannot be calculated, route memory is full.
Then, I erase everything from the device, I have even reset the device and the same message appears again even if I try to add short distance route. I have deleted GPX file of the device,(recomended from garmin) but it still gets the same message repeatedly. When connected to Garmin Expess it shows internal memory 66% full, 5,2GB free. Anyone else with the same issue? Any suggestion to solve this problem?

I did hard reset twice already, and it is up to date. I even have 32gb micro-SD card inserted but it seems that for routes guidance it uses internal memory only. Is it possible to delete some of the maps I do not use? (I am just thinking loud) I really do not understand why this is happening! It's got to be a solution, I guess.

If the device is still under warranty or guarantee, return to the shop and ask for a replacement.

If the warranty / guarantee has expired, contact Garmin Europe and explain the problem to them. They may well give you a replacement.

It is not under warranty anymore. I tried to reach Garmin support and explain to them few days ago but so far, no reply from them.

Before we went on a 10-day tour, I made routes for each day separately, covering around 280-300km per day. I was using REVER for creating the routes for each day. All necessary waypoints were removed so each ride had 2-3 waypoints (must have) just to keep the desired route. The first 4-5 days went smooth. the 5th day I realized that 100km are missing and the Navigator has shortened the route by itself. I live in Skopje, Macedonia. If I try to set a route from Skopje to Thessaloniki Greece for example, which has no more than 270km no way points at all, it will show me the same message again "route memory full"

If the device is still under warranty or guarantee, return to the shop and ask for a replacement.

If the warranty / guarantee has expired, contact Garmin Europe and explain the problem to them. They may well give you a replacement.

They will, for £155

I had this whilst away round Europe for the last 4 weeks. It does it when the route calculation is a long one. Try splitting it into sections.

You can try it now, surely?

Split the route and see if it loads correctly. Report back, please.

I Had this. It is covered in the manual. The unit needs to be plugged into a PC and the route memory erased. Deleting routes POI's ect will not have any affect.

Hello everyone. We had over 2 weeks of rain I could not try your suggestions. First, I did erase the GPX file through my computer, but I had to do this several times ( Erasing and then master reset of the device itself). What I figure out is that every time I try to import gpx file created on REVER does the same thing even on a road less than 100km. It was not like that first time I imported several gpx files from REVER each around 250-300km. After day 4 or 5 the garmin device started to shorten the routes by itself.
Now, when I erase the gpx files and reset the device from scratch, and if I create a route directly on the device it calculates and goes smooth even for routes over 500km. Does REVER has something to do with this issue I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom