Recommend me a power regular please

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for one for my mum. She has a very fancy sewing machine. When doing certain stitches, her machine speeds up and slows down. Well known issue on this machine with fluctuating power.

Can anybody recommend a small unit that would clean up the power for her?

You sure it’s the power fluctuating?
We generally have pretty stable supply in the U.K.
Sure it’s not a dodgy foot controller?

Thanks Bin. I don't really know the specs of the machine. I'll be over on Wednesday to dig up the lavender and paint a gate with her, so I'll look then. I havn't actually seen the problem myself. I'll have a look at the machine and then choose a UPS to suit.

You sure it’s the power fluctuating?
We generally have pretty stable supply in the U.K.
Sure it’s not a dodgy foot controller?

Certain. The type of stiching i'm talking about is ultra modern embroidery patterns. You put the material in and let the computer print out what you want. I can't wait to see what it does! I'm hoping for monogrammed everything :)

Looking for one for my mum. She has a very fancy sewing machine. When doing certain stitches, her machine speeds up and slows down. Well known issue on this machine with fluctuating power.

Can anybody recommend a small unit that would clean up the power for her?

I really cannot see it being the mains supply causing the problem and if it is, an external stabilized supply of some kind isn't going to change anything as, if the supply voltage drops it wouldn't be able to do anything about it. If it rises then, it would.

If the problem lies within the machine's internal power supply then, that's a different story as it's a design/manufacture problem.

If it's a well known problem, what do the suppliers recommend? What do others do?

I think more information is required from you tbh.

I’ll be round with her tomorrow. I’ll enquire more.

Carol had to replace the foot pedal a while ago. Apparently they do get faulty. Of course she might also be hitting the sauce and then using the machine :D:D:D

So clean the inside of the pedal or consider getting the machine serviced (quote from my resident quilter).

This machine is only 2 years old and cost 5000€.

I’ll suggest the foot pedal. Thing is fir the stitches she is talking sbout, you don’t use the peddle. You hit the go button on the computer screen!

Haha! I have a feeling this is a problem worthy of the Ukgser engineering department!

It’s the embroidery module that’s skipping stitches. I’ll check the firmware on it later. Wonder if I can find a picture online?

This sort of thing:

https://www.bernina.com/en-GB/Machi...INA-8-Series/BERNINA-880-PLUS-Crystal-Edition

41b9c6fb29b2da0607cf1e17979bf1d7.jpg

Not this:

9ec6856220ab71dd80c38e711b1c9103.jpg

My mother has an equally complicated machine that was faulting, it was a build up of dust and thread fibres in the mechanicals causing the issue. A good blow out with a compressor and oiling fixed it.

Good kit Bernina.

Why you say you're going to "paint the gate with her"? Don't you have a brush you could use instead?

It’s all she does since my dad died. I literally will be finishing painting a gate later.

Back
Top Bottom