My new Baby GS

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having enjoyed my 2018 G310GS and passed it over to my youngest son , I treat myself to a new 40 Year Edition and gave it a few upgrades.....

I love it's face.!! :)

Health to enjoy Sir.

John

that looks stunning mate. The Rallye type seat looks so much better than the original type which was more of a bench seat. Enjoy.

Ali b

John

that looks stunning mate. The Rallye type seat looks so much better than the original type which was more of a bench seat. Enjoy.

Ali b

This ^^^^^^^^I think that looks really nice, ps I think you have exhausted the extras !

You have been busy John, I've got a RR £10 myself, but it looks mundane next to yours.

What a transformation, 1000% improvement on its looks. Have you raised the suspension as well. Until now I really didn’t get it as a travel bike, believing it more as a rich woman’s commuter. Even though I’ve totally bought into the light travel adventure bike concept, to the point of building my own. (KTM 530 EXC-R)
Please give us more information on upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you have just made the bike slower and it must be 200kg now ! but it looks great

What a transformation, 1000% improvement on its looks. Have you raised the suspension as well. Until now I really didn’t get it as a travel bike, believing it more as a rich woman’s commuter. Even though I’ve totally bought into the light travel adventure bike concept, to the point of building my own. (KTM 530 EXC-R)
Please give us more information on upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Davey ,

Like you I was very doubtful of its capability as a real travel bike but I bought a 2018 model from SilverSurfer on here which he had fully Rally Raided to use on a trip round South Africa for which it performed flawlessly and had around 9000 miles on the clock when I bought it . I then used it this year for numerous mid distance trips and couldn't believe how good it was . I was so impressed I gave the old one to my son and bought this ex demo with 6 miles on the clock 40 Year Edition . I then proceeded to remove some of the Rally Raid parts off the old one and fit them to this along with buying new Rally Raid items and other parts to complete the transformation . Highlights are :

Rally Raid Parts -
Tubeless Spoked Wheels
Level 2 Shock with preload adjuster & Fork Kit- lifts bike by +20mm
Engine Guard
Rear Rack Plate
12v auxiliary plate
Billet fat bar riser

Other additions -
Upper crash bars
Billet brake & gear levers
Full exhaust system by Two Brothers Racing
High Touring Screen
Headlight Guard
Beak extension
Handguards
Custom Seat Cover
SW Motech Enduro footpegs 20mm lower
Gold Fat Bars with 20mm bar risers
Side stand extension
Hepco & Becker Pannier Frames
Rigid Spot Lights
OEM Heated Grips
Ignition switched 12V & USB sockets on Rally Raid handlebar mount plate plus a battery wired BMW 12V socket on side panel

Being a 2021 model it has the electronic e-throttle and the upgraded Bosch ECU plus a BMW LED headlight with an integrated DRL
Tail Light and indicators again being a 2021 model are OEM LED

Very nice. Looks good.

Hi John,
That looks absolutely fabulous! With the RR parts transferred over and the other upgrades you've made, there's not a lot that bike will not be able to tackle. The only problem is ... it's too good to use! Whenever your son graduates to one of your remaining 650s or even the 850, you'll need to turn the 2018 bike back into a trail bike from the commuter spec it currently is. I can see a fleet of 310s appearing in your garage next .... ;):)

Hi John,
That looks absolutely fabulous! With the RR parts transferred over and the other upgrades you've made, there's not a lot that bike will not be able to tackle. The only problem is ... it's too good to use! Whenever your son graduates to one of your remaining 650s or even the 850, you'll need to turn the 2018 bike back into a trail bike from the commuter spec it currently is. I can see a fleet of 310s appearing in your garage next .... ;):)

The youngest lad is very happy with your old 2018 bike :)

you have just made the bike slower and it must be 200kg now ! but it looks great

Not at all , the net weight is actually about the same as there is a huge reduction in weight dropping the OEM exhaust for the titanium Two Brothers Racing system which is then added back in with the engine guards and pannier racks and there is little difference in the wheels . The bike handles so much better with the Tractive Suspension and has more than enough power for what I want riding on my own . I've got other bikes if i need more power or need to take a pillion :)

What sort of power and weight is it John?

Sent from my SM-A225F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom