New to me K1200RS

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently bought this X reg (2000) , 28K miles K1200RS as I had always fancied trying one and had really liked the engine/gearbox in my K1200LT

It has the later model mirrors , bar risers and lower foot pegs so a more comfortable riding position

The ABS2 has been electrically disabled (relay and dash bulbs removed) and Goodridge braided lines fitted front and rear so brakes are fantastic . It came with a spare ABS unit which I may fit over the winter to reinstate the ABS

Excellent condition , with little if any corrosion , recent new tyres and MOT until Aug 2022 with no advisories , the build quality on this era of bike really is superb

Unfortunately after having ridden it for about 600 miles I'm undecided if I like it , its very quick , handles well , nothing at all wrong with the bike as such , I think I'm just too used to a more upright sitting position

I'll have a try at another few trips out on it and if I still can't gel with it I'll put it up for sale , so if anyone it on the look out for one let me know......

Last two pictures were taken today on a run out Kielder Castle and the observant will see I now have clear front indicator lenses to match the rear one's (and matching front foot pegs LOL)

Sooooo Many Bikes So little time :aidan

I wish I had bought that K1200 out of Liverpool but the bloke would not sell it without a viewing :(

Sooooo Many Bikes So little time :aidan

I wish I had bought that K1200 out of Liverpool but the bloke would not sell it without a viewing :(

I'll let you buy this one without viewing it if you want

I'll even ride over and deliver it ;-)

Is it just me and my age, or is that a seriously cool looking bike?

I used to draw bikes like that on the cover of my exercise book during physics lessons :D

Is it just me and my age, or is that a seriously cool looking bike?

I used to draw bikes like that on the cover of my exercise book during physics lessons :D

I recall having one as a courtesy bike about 20 yrs ago and it really showed up how agricultural the GS was. A superb turbine smooth engine and the very end of that BMW ooze quality era. What a superb looking bike for 21 years old.

I had 3, last one was the silver blue combination colours. Lovely bike.

As the centre stand had some light corrosion on it and was not to the same standard as the rest of the bike I had a trip to BettaBlast and came back with a nice newly powder coated side stand and centre stand which I have fitted with new bushes and o-rings . Whilst I was at it had the torque arm shot blasted and painted as well :)

Will get them fitted tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom