Uncle Stu, Interceptor for new riders?

+1
I'm still waiting for mine, I ordered it end of August. I have to keep looking at this picture to remind me what I'm getting :(

Attachments

• interceptor sunset strip 2.jpg
    interceptor sunset strip 2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 485
+1
I'm still waiting for mine, I ordered it end of August. I have to keep looking at this picture to remind me what I'm getting :(
It's a nice colour scheme that one. I've just bought a couple of cowls from India that will fit on my GT touring seat. Guy called Raju Lax, very reliable source for OEM parts for all RE's....unlike some in India like Royal Spares, avoid at all costs

Good to know you have a reliable source in India. Parts look inexpensive (cheap :D ) when ordered from there. I've already got a few bits and pieces from Hitchcocks.
Apparently my bike is stuck on a boat somewhere, it should have arrived mid September :nenau

+1

Ooooh, I love that, Uncle Stu produces some great ,rational, well considered videos.

Good to know you have a reliable source in India. Parts look inexpensive (cheap :D ) when ordered from there. I've already got a few bits and pieces from Hitchcocks.
Apparently my bike is stuck on a boat somewhere, it should have arrived mid September :nenau
Yes, I've bought quite a few items from Hitchcock's and they are always great to deal with as well

Quite few customiser's using the 650's as a base now, seen a lot recently, some very good, some OK
Liked this one.....
a0fc7a3c8457951cf2b86d9aeaa7c5be.jpg

That picture of the "Ever Given" . . . . Look at that (very large) excavator working at the bows !

Just shows the scale of these things.

Bob.

Am I the only one who prefers the Continental GT to the Interceptor? It’ll be the adolescent in me but I still like the cafe racer style and even though I’m a bit old and a bit knackered I didn’t find it uncomfortable to ride when I took one for a test ride.

Am I the only one who prefers the Continental GT to the Interceptor? It’ll be the adolescent in me but I still like the cafe racer style and even though I’m a bit old and a bit knackered I didn’t find it uncomfortable to ride when I took one for a test ride.

The handlebars are too low for me, I need high-ish bars to keep the weight off my wrists.

It's a nice colour scheme that one. I've just bought a couple of cowls from India that will fit on my GT touring seat. Guy called Raju Lax, very reliable source for OEM parts for all RE's....unlike some in India like Royal Spares, avoid at all costs
White one on the GT touring seat (the one with 3d mesh to aid posterior comfort) Have a black one as well in case I buy a chrome tank for a change.
I have a custom seat as well with gel inserts........ one of the beauties of Enfield ownership is they are cheap to begin with and cheap to mod to suit individual tastes, still have a sump guard to fit, also fork gaitors, and bar end mirrors under consideration
2e2e9d3cd8027d7e69c5035b3d9041bd.jpg

Just had a phone call from the salesman. Bike has finally arrived at shop, should have it sometime next week (just in time for winter :D)

Just had a phone call from the salesman. Bike has finally arrived at shop, should have it sometime next week (just in time for winter :D)
got mine in February so you might get a few weeks to get to 300 miles and first running in service done..... 4k revs max in that period but to be honest that's fine....its 60 in 6th gear so all you need to begin. I did 300 service myself because of covid rules and dealer couldn't pick up. Its a simple easy bike to work on, tappets check and adjust etc. 3 yrs warranty so will definitely do all services myself after this. There is an inspection required at ever 3,000 miles (may carry on and do these myself) and services at 6,000 miles.

I would order a DNA free flow air filter and retaining plate and fit that from the get go. Remove the stock filter and restrictive cover. I also bought Scorpion end cans with the bike as dealer discounted them.

Where do you stand on the warranty if you service it yourself? I'd probably take it in for the initial service, but I would be more than happy to do all the services myself.
I'll probably do the air filter and pipes after it's fully run in, along with IKON rear shocks and progressive fork springs. I've already got a rear rack, stainless oil cooler guard, and power socket to fit. Some GOOP as well for the tyres.
I'm not bothering with heated grips, this will be the first bike in over 20 years that I've not fitted them. I don't intend to ride it much over winter, I'm getting nesh in my old age. (I'll use my Bonny over winter if there's a half decent day)

Lot of mixed opinions on this subject..... some say yes you can it's illegal to stop you and others say must be dealer serviced.... I told my dealer I would do the 300 mile service, bought oil and filter service kit from Hitchcock's, kept all receipts, printed off the service check list, recorded everything including clearances before and after etc. My view is if you are competent enough there is no dealer who will spend more time on your bike making sure its done properly than yourself.

Back
Top Bottom