Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Be gentle with me, I'm a Guzzi virgin...!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by barak666 View Post
    Agree...in 50 years of riding bikes I have never had a bike that was perfect straight out of the box - I have had always had to make some adaptations to make it work for me and I didn't expect the Guzzi to be any different.
    Ermax screen worked really well for me.

Hope you are getting the miles on the bike Phil and enjoying it.
    Despite all the above comments I still love mine, but the buffetting is my main issue as a lanky streak with a long torso. So far, found the Guzzi touring screen (part no 2S001424) with an X-creen Tour deflector helps a lot, but still looking for a better solition. Tried the Givi tall Guzzi screen which is too high, causing turbulance behind the head. Will look into the Ermax screen but from the link below it does look a little shorter than my set up and suspect will still buffet significantly, but worth investigation as it is well priced at £73.

https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/colle...ght-smoke-2019

The build quality is impressive except the switchgear, but a minor thing on a great bike.

Only a small thing, but a real niggle even though it should only be an issue every couple of years is the lack of a gearbox drain plug on the outside of the casing on the pre-2021 models.
    Keep the wire taught & ride safe

GSite

Quote Originally Posted by ELIMINATOR View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133796690...sAAOSwpCtg0tWZ

I've got one on my 1150gs & one on my Cali 3.

Compare the price to a touratech item, worth a punt.

The difference on the Cali' is amazing, can hit 3 figures without getting double vision.

This may not be the exact one I have, but still probably Chinese. Working in engineering, I was amazed at the quality.
    Thanks for this....I'll be giving it a try if the Givi Airstream doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkleyowlie View Post
    Ermax screen worked really well for me.
    Thanks...I've ordered a Givi as I've used them before with some success....but if doesn't I'll move it on and try the Ermax.

Quote Originally Posted by GSite View Post
    Hope you are getting the miles on the bike Phil and enjoying it.
    Despite all the above comments I still love mine, but the buffetting is my main issue as a lanky streak with a long torso. So far, found the Guzzi touring screen (part no 2S001424) with an X-creen Tour deflector helps a lot, but still looking for a better solition. Tried the Givi tall Guzzi screen which is too high, causing turbulance behind the head. Will look into the Ermax screen but from the link below it does look a little shorter than my set up and suspect will still buffet significantly, but worth investigation as it is well priced at £73.

https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/colle...ght-smoke-2019

The build quality is impressive except the switchgear, but a minor thing on a great bike.

Only a small thing, but a real niggle even though it should only be an issue every couple of years is the lack of a gearbox drain plug on the outside of the casing on the pre-2021 models.
    Thanks Andy....ironically haven't had much chance to ride it since bringing it home due to a positive covid infection (not me).... spent my time farkling Should be out this weekend though and get some miles on her so I can book it in for the first service.

Bet you are itching to get it run in Phil. I found the engine on mine was quite "tight" for the first few hundred miles, loosened up nicely by 1500. Now seems to rev more freely, feel smoother, vibrate less under load and be more economical after 3000 miles.

After a ride on the demo bike which had done about 7,000 miles, I was not expecting the new engine to feel so different, but was assured by the dealer that it would improve and he was right. I mention it as I have never had a bike that improved so much as it bedded in.

Enjoy.
    Keep the wire taught & ride safe

GSite

Lovely bike! Despite my biker pals all saying "don't buy a moto-guzzi, unreliable, no dealer for miles" I ignored them and bought a 2015 V7 Special. I love it. I did have an issue when I. first got it, lambda sensors needed replacing but since then it's been a hoot. Very well made, feels solid. Bought it as a city bike (I have a 1200 Rallye) though I'm using the V7 more and more for longer B-road journeys as it's just such a fun ride. Very visceral, dinky too, feels like a fast 250! Shame there are so many MG haters. Enjoy the bike, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrklunk View Post
    Lovely bike! Despite my biker pals all saying "don't buy a moto-guzzi, unreliable, no dealer for miles" I ignored them and bought a 2015 V7 Special. I love it. I did have an issue when I. first got it, lambda sensors needed replacing but since then it's been a hoot. Very well made, feels solid. Bought it as a city bike (I have a 1200 Rallye) though I'm using the V7 more and more for longer B-road journeys as it's just such a fun ride. Very visceral, dinky too, feels like a fast 250! Shame there are so many MG haters. Enjoy the bike, cheers.
    Thanks for the comments.... I've done about 1200 miles since I picked it up and can safely say the bike is even better than I thought it would be. Just back from a 700 mile round trip to Somerset/Devon and on a mix of A roads, B roads and no-roads...the bike was flawless. I certainly don't feel its lacking in power compared to my old 1150 - you just have to use the gearbox a bit more. Initially I thought the seat was poor, but it isn't that bad and will continue to test it for comfort. I've added a Givi Airflow screen which has sorted the buffeting out for me. Also added engine bars, main stand, running lights, Givi top box and panniers so all sorted for a big road trip next summer!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234