Oil pressure sensor

BADGER999

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had the oil light flickering away on a recent very wet ride. Thinking of replacing the oil pressure sensor as only £17 at Motorworks. Was wondering how much oil I’m likely to lose when I take the existing one out. It looks a bit awkward to get anything in to catch the oil as it’s recessed next to the sight glass. Any tips gratefully received.

I had the same on my RT and a clean up sorted it along with using it regularly....

Sensor changed and barely a dribble. No issues with the routing of the wire…….just to ride now and make sure everything is ok.

Keep your fingers crossed. I had the same issue on my R80GS Basic………check out the ‘back to basic’ thread in the airhead section to see what happened next ☹️

Keep your fingers crossed. I had the same issue on my R80GS Basic………check out the ‘back to basic’ thread in the airhead section to see what happened next ☹️

Just read the whole debacle. Sounds a bit more complicated than my issue…….which I am thankful for with my limited mechanical wisdom. Hope you get sorted mate………mine just flickered after plunging into a ‘lake’ on a backroad in North Wales……was fine as it dried off so hoping it’s just down to a failing sensor.

Back
Top Bottom