Wished I'd made the change earlier

I initially went down the 3Dam adapter route, But your comment "Cant be arsed to remove the Nav" is exactly why i , after one week of using the 3Dam adapter, removed the complete Nav preparation, Took me six minutes, and fitted the XT mount where it was. Looks factory fitted. Clean, and minimal. The Nav mount and 3Dam adapter just isn't right, not mentioning the frequent power disconnections and the fact its more or less touching your helmet.......

I did exactly the same and it’s so much better.

Trial and error. Got there in the end !

The XT has the clearest, brightest screen of any unit !
Good luck, Let us know how you get on with it.

So far I've only managed to charge it up, update it and browse the menus then upload three days worth of routes for my Wales trip next month. Sadly my GSA is back at the dealers yet again for more attention as I discovered my driveshaft has corroded into the FD splines when I attempted to strip and lubricate them. I hope to get the drain mod done to the swing arm tunnel whilst its in.

Once I get my bike back I hope to fit the mount (once the Italian 3DAM adapter arrives) and take it out on a test ride.

I did fit a 3D printed bumper and screen protector purchased from the link you provided. First impressions of the XT are very good, the screen is super bright and the menus move quickly and smoothly. The battery seems to drop incredibly fast on 100% brightness though and it takes ages to recharge, not that I intend using it outside the bike mount much except for route sharing over breakfast at the Hotel with mates.

I hope the battery improves with a few cycles, I can speak to Garmin if it plays up.

So far I've only managed to charge it up, update it and browse the menus then upload three days worth of routes for my Wales trip next month. Sadly my GSA is back at the dealers yet again for more attention as I discovered my driveshaft has corroded into the FD splines when I attempted to strip and lubricate them. I hope to get the drain mod done to the swing arm tunnel whilst its in.

Once I get my bike back I hope to fit the mount (once the Italian 3DAM adapter arrives) and take it out on a test ride.

I did fit a 3D printed bumper and screen protector purchased from the link you provided. First impressions of the XT are very good, the screen is super bright and the menus move quickly and smoothly. The battery seems to drop incredibly fast on 100% brightness though and it takes ages to recharge, not that I intend using it outside the bike mount much except for route sharing over breakfast at the Hotel with mates.

I hope the battery improves with a few cycles, I can speak to Garmin if it plays up.

I had a new drive shaft and Final drive fitted last week FOC as it was out of warranty. Before BMW accepted the issue.
Do you have a GS-911 ? I do all my own servicing, And want to buy one.
I wished you'd gone down the XT mount route. Removing the Nav Prep completely. Its Sooooooooooo much better.
The battery ...... I've never noticed how long the battery last as it always on the bike. And when Ive been messing with it at home, its always lasted ?

Back
Top Bottom