The more I ride it, the more I like it!

Lee Frost

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took the G310 out for a couple of hours this morning, exploring the back lanes of the Lizard Peninsula down here in Cornwall. It's such a great 'do everything' bike with the Rally Raid upgrades - most of which were on it when I bought it. Looking forward to doing a proper trip next year - Iceland with any luck, though the Great Western Trail down here is very tempting. Anyone done the whole thing?
Thanks to nicholsonj2252 for the heads-up about the upper crash bars. I'm sure they'll come in useful one of these days :blast

Attachments

• IMG_2861.jpg
    IMG_2861.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 421
Looking good Lee and glad to hear your back on two wheels enjoying the Lizard lanes :beerjug:

bombay motor works , built in India and refined in a British shed . very under rated bike

Looks great Lee

I’m up In Aberdeen on mine with my youngest lad on his , came up through the Cairngorms National Park

Bikes running great and perfectly suited to the back roads route we took

d5b673e3248c7a80b3900315344d8c68.jpg

021bd3cda4f78644f3564bccb40c09b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the G310 out for a couple of hours this morning, exploring the back lanes of the Lizard Peninsula down here in Cornwall. It's such a great 'do everything' bike with the Rally Raid upgrades - most of which were on it when I bought it. Looking forward to doing a proper trip next year - Iceland with any luck, though the Great Western Trail down here is very tempting. Anyone done the whole thing?
Thanks to nicholsonj2252 for the heads-up about the upper crash bars. I'm sure they'll come in useful one of these days :blast

Why can BMW not build the bike like that in the first place, in standard form I found them shall we say uninspiring

They do look like cracking little bikes! :thumb2

That looks really purposeful. Good to hear you're enjoying it.

What's a realistic cruising speed for one of these?

Why can BMW not build the bike like that in the first place, in standard form I found them shall we say uninspiring
Built to a price and spec that the majority want, if you want the extras you can order them through your BMW dealer fitted from new.

sit at 70 ok all day , have a look at beemer beeemer chicken deener on adv rider will show what the bike can do , jmo and piglet

That looks really purposeful. Good to hear you're enjoying it.

What's a realistic cruising speed for one of these?

I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket, which makes it more suited to off road riding, so I’d say cruising at 50 works better for comfortable riding on back roads, but it’ll sit nicely at 60 or maybe 65 for mile munching. My only niggle is that the brakes aren’t great compared to bigger GSs.

I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket, which makes it more suited to off road riding, so I’d say cruising at 50 works better for comfortable riding on back roads, but it’ll sit nicely at 60 or maybe 65 for mile munching. My only niggle is that the brakes aren’t great compared to bigger GSs.

I found the front brake especially on my 2018 bike very poor . Removed the OEM pads and put in EBC Organic (non sintered) and now they are great . My 2021 bikes brakes are fine as standard with OEM pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom