Recommend new winter gloves

Rukka Thermo G+ gloves

The Rukka Thermo G+ gloves might be worth a look. There’s a common complaint that full-on winter gloves are sometimes too bulky. These gloves apparently get around this criticism by dropping the thick insulating padding from the palms. The logic being that many owners have heated grips, so the need for insulated padding on the palms is removed and the warmth of the heated grips is transferred more effectively.

Gimmick or genius? I have no idea.

Got a link, mate? Natch, mate: https://www.rukkamotorsport.com/rukkamotorsport_en/thermog-70884778r

I’ve resurrected this thread to ask if anyone has tried (or seen) these Rukka Thermo G+ gloves.

I eventually bought Keis heated gloves, however they are fir extremely cold weather, I still need to replace my Rukka Ceres gloves so if anyone knows what the replacement is I’d be grateful.

I just found a post by richardbd advising Kalix are the replacement for Ceres, has anyone tried them?

Rukka Ceres and Argosaurus have been my go to gloves for many years, except when warm or extremely cold, they are expensive but good.

I've just put my Rukka Forsair summer gloves away, and dug outmy Held Air & Dry gloves which I have used over a good few winters

I can recommend the Held Air and Dry, they aren't cheap but they do last and they are also adaptable .

I just found a post by richardbd advising Kalix are the replacement for Ceres, has anyone tried them?

Rukka Ceres and Argosaurus have been my go to gloves for many years, except when warm or extremely cold, they are expensive but good.

Tried a pair on in Motolegends yesterday.
Fit like a glove so ordered a pair .

I’ve resurrected this thread to ask if anyone has tried (or seen) these Rukka Thermo G+ gloves.

I bought a pair. And sent them back. Their is no way that these are a full on winter glove. They were as warm as my BMW all round gloves are, so good enough for milder mornings maybe up to around 5 degrees but when we had the cold snap I wore them and they were not warm enough. Even with heated grips and handguards. The sizing around the palm is accurate but my fingers were a bit short in them. I couldn't get the fingertips to work on a phone, even when pulling the finger tip right down (with an ungloved hand) and holding it against my digit, my phone would not operate. The other thing was the lump on the palm was just too prominent and made it uncomfortable to ride with. They went back. Overpriced, nice idea but not really worth the price tag.
I then ordered a pair of BMW Silvretta gloves which were lovely but needed a size down and no one had a smaller size around so they too went back.
I now have a pair of BMW Motorrad Pro Winter Gloves and they are toasty, comfortable and sizing is better fitted to me. I did a lot of looking and trying on at different shops. Some were a tight wrist fit, others were too thin, some were cumbersome etc. I find a visor wipe quite an essential pick. Happy with mine now

I tried a pair of Rukka Ceres 2 on in Motolegends and then ordered a pair of Kalixs as they are the replacent for the Ceres..
But Motolegends have sent me the Ceres 2.0.
Is there any difference apart from the name and if not they why change the name ?
Ta

Back
Top Bottom