Recommend new winter gloves

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The lining in my Rukka Ceres is starting to pull out when taking them off. I don’t recall how old they are but they have given good service and they are my go to as soon as it’s too cold for the BMW Enduros.

I have Rukka Argosaurus with gauntlets for very wet rides.

The simplest solution is to buy a new pair of Ceres 2, but interested in what others are using?

I'm a fan of the Held "Wet 'n Dry" gloves, really good wram wet weather gloves and though I don't use them a lot for summer use, the Dry side does give quite good feel..

I'm a fan of the Held "Wet 'n Dry" gloves, really good wram wet weather gloves and though I don't use them a lot for summer use, the Dry side does give quite good feel..

Not a winter glove though I had pair and the lining came away, but they were replaced under warranty and now I seem to have lost them.. I revert to Gerbing heated gloves during the real cold days. I have a pair of the BMW winter gloves, but they are too thick so never really get used. I have a pair of Rukka Apollo which are waterproof and have been very good, but if its really cold, then on go the heated gloves :)

Rukka GTX with electric liners, controlled via a heat controller.

Rukka Apollo with electric liners, controlled via a heat controller.

In short, two very different gloves but both with the addition of electric liners.

The truth is: What suits YOUR hands, how bulky (if at all) YOU want them and not least how much YOU are willing to spend.

In the meantime:

Others will swear thst summer gloves with muffs is the ONLY way to go.

These were recommended in a review:

9be243cebcca8542ff9120a970a68ede.png

Halvarssons do a couple of types of proper winter gloves , I am on my second set ( the first lasting over 10 years)

I used Urbano muffs when I had an F800GS with BMW summer gloves all year round and I quite agree its the way to go. When I changed to a 1200/1250 GSA the muffs didn’t fit or I couldn’t be bothered to modify them so hung them up in the garage where they still reside. I’m now on an RT with supposed better protection so hadn’t considered them again, maybe I should.

I used Urbano muffs when I had an F800GS with BMW summer gloves all year round and I quite agree its the way to go. When I changed to a 1200/1250 GSA the muffs didn’t fit or I couldn’t be bothered to modify them so hung them up in the garage where they still reside. I’m now on an RT with supposed better protection so hadn’t considered them again, maybe I should.

I have Tucano Urbano R319 muffs and initially, they did not work on the R1200RS. They work fine now I have fitted Barkbuster Storm handguards that give the necessary support. The muffs went on the bike last weekend.

BMW all round gloves ( with heated grips and hand guards). Mostly London weather so not hard enough for others but they have been my go to gloves for the last 7 years..on all trips

I was persuaded by a friend to get some Gerbing gloves
Got the XR 12v ones
The gloves are great quality and are a great glove even without the power on,once they are broken in
Wire placed under seat comes out at the tank. Got a curly extended lead
Different power levels and a nice gentle warming on the lower sttings....if it's not icicles weather then the top setting is too hot
Works perfectly for me
They might be needed on Thursday for a trip to Manchester

The Rukka Thermo G+ gloves might be worth a look. There’s a common complaint that full-on winter gloves are sometimes too bulky. These gloves apparently get around this criticism by dropping the thick insulating padding from the palms. The logic being that many owners have heated grips, so the need for insulated padding on the palms is removed and the warmth of the heated grips is transferred more effectively.

Gimmick or genius? I have no idea.

Got a link, mate? Natch, mate: https://www.rukkamotorsport.com/rukkamotorsport_en/thermog-70884778r

Not a fan of big chunky winter gloves but thinking I was off to Norway a few weeks ago I bought a pair of the BMW Pro Winter Gloves .. and very nice they are too. Cosy warm and DRY :)

One trick for anyone who finds the inner linings of their gloves coming away, making it difficult to put their gloves on again….

Take the glove and insert the front brake or clutch lever into the troublesome finger(s). Jiggle / push it gently around. More often than not, the lining will line up again. It’s not a permanent fix but it might well help.

PS Don’t go berserk, bikermate style, when jiggling / pushing, you’ll only end up ripping the lining and crying.

One trick for anyone who finds the inner linings of their gloves coming away, making it difficult to put their gloves on again….

Take the glove and insert the front brake or clutch lever into the troublesome finger(s). Jiggle / push it gently around. More often than not, the lining will line up again. It’s not a permanent fix but it might well help.

PS Don’t go berserk, bikermate style, when jiggling / pushing, you’ll only end up ripping the lining and crying.

or if you have bar muffs or hand guards fitted that prevent this then use a pen or pencil. Prod using the end you chew so you do not lose the cap or puncture the membrane.

I am sorry but for those contributors to UKGSer that have yet to progress from wax crayons, this will not be solution for you.

Back
Top Bottom