Black Forest and Vosges

Mad Hatter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last minute decision to take a last bike trip of 2021, Rotterdam - Aachen - Nurburgring - Kaiserslautern - Badeb Baden - Titesee - Colmar - Freiburg - Bitche - Rotteram. Next weekend. Weather looks iffy but what the heck. 😀

go for it. just wear the correct gear and have a great ride

Have a ride round the Nurburgring in a track taxi.
Brilliant experience.

Tempted to have a go around the ring but watching YouTube videos I’m a bit worried about getting taken out by some other idiot who’s pushing it beyond their limits ��. I’ll have a look when I get there…

Tempted to have a go around the ring but watching YouTube videos I’m a bit worried about getting taken out by some other idiot who’s pushing it beyond their limits ��. I’ll have a look when I get there…

I agree. I had booked a ride round in a car first thing in the morning and luckily first out on the track.
My plan was to take the bike round after but it was busy and a K1600B trundling round with all the cars put me off.
Next time i will go first thing to have a ride round.

….and the Polizei

JB is right as usual. Spent some time chatting to a mate who lives in the Eiffel and has just been biking down in the Schwartzwald. Its still good but the relentless march of speed enforcement is beginning to bite. The days of unlimited speed with limited consequences are gone. 30kph speed cameras in villages are now common and its not 100kph on the country roads any more.

Still a good place to go but keep your wits about you. My oppo. tells me the short term forecast is not bad but at this time of year it can get cold quite quickly.

I was in the Vosges/ Black Forest area three weeks ago in my Van, went to Colmar, Gerrardmer and Titisee before heading down to Chamonix, it was chilly in the evenings then, wasn’t too busy so will most likely be pretty quiet now, but very nice area.

Al.

Tempted to have a go around the ring but watching YouTube videos I’m a bit worried about getting taken out by some other idiot who’s pushing it beyond their limits . I’ll have a look when I get there…

Go round early or late when the locals have gone home.
420720d0b16d827c88df1d7bf9bc67b7.jpg

You will love that route :) Freiburg ? Gorgeous. Even if the weather is a bit shit I guarantee you will be smiling ... enjoy !!

I enjoyed my Jaguar chauffeur in 2019. Great wee souvenir in car video. Not cheap tho

300 Euro in a GTR RS Was def worth it though.

Attachments

• IMG_2323 (2).jpg
    IMG_2323 (2).jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 242
Thanks for all the replies and encouragement gents. Really looking forward to it now. Routes are all prepped in the GPS and bike loaded up. 3 days to go ��

Bugger! Weather forecast for southern end of Black Forest now showing -1C and overnight sleet. Sod that, even with heated kit there’s no joy to be had riding in that cold so I’m headed for burgundy instead now��

Bugger! Weather forecast for southern end of Black Forest now showing -1C and overnight sleet. Sod that, even with heated kit there’s no joy to be had riding in that cold so I’m headed for burgundy instead now��

oh, the horror of having to slum it in Beaune!

Mind ewe, last time I stopped in Beaune was on the way back from Avignon in April. Glad I packed the heated vest as I woke up to -2C and a frosty saddle.

https://www.caveau-des-arches.com/ is well worth a visit if you want some of the best nosh in town.

Back
Top Bottom