UKGSER Airhead meeting?

As promised, I dropped into the Miner's Standard for a pint or two of Pedigree, very well kept it is too. I have put forward our proposal to Wes and Lyndsay and they are going to have a look at the diary.

I have suggested a weekend towards the end of May / early June as a starter. Availability will be indicated later when they have looked in the diary. Some pictures to let you see what the campsite is like.

Be good to avoid the weekend of the Dent rally, confirmed as 20th-22nd May?
And there's the nearby Airhead rally on the 3rd-5th June - which might or might not be a good thing! (I'm away that weekend so it's a moot point for me)

Be good to avoid the weekend of the Dent rally, confirmed as 20th-22nd May?
And there's the nearby Airhead rally on the 3rd-5th June - which might or might not be a good thing! (I'm away that weekend so it's a moot point for me)

Or if yer have it the weekend after the Dent doo maybe some folks could do both as travel from Scotland or SW England is a long job for just one weekend, Folks could make it a full UK/GB
break adding on a bit more of Yorkshire/Cumbria together with Staffordshire/Derbyshire. Get both venues with one big tour ( May not be much doing in EU either)
Just an Idea of course

Or if yer have it the weekend after the Dent doo maybe some folks could do both as travel from Scotland or SW England is a long job for just one weekend, Folks could make it a full UK/GB
break adding on a bit more of Yorkshire/Cumbria together with Staffordshire/Derbyshire. Get both venues with one big tour ( May not be much doing in EU either)
Just an Idea of course

Sounds good in theory Mick but I suspect folk would do one or the other rather than have to spend the intervening days bimbling about Englandshire or North Wales? Maybe the best idea would be to choose a date at the other end of the season from Dent? However, as mentioned above, whatever date is chosen will not suit some folk so the best thing is simply to choose as date that's a holiday weekend and folk can turn up, or not.

yup one or the other for me if theyre within a few weeks of each other. wouldnt it make sense to have an airhead gathering at an already established and organised event, rather than start a competing, exclusive one? surely the presense of other marques doesnt detract from the enjoyment. even at something like stormin the castle.

yup one or the other for me if theyre within a few weeks of each other. wouldnt it make sense to have an airhead gathering at an already established and organised event, rather than start a competing, exclusive one? surely the presense of other marques doesnt detract from the enjoyment. even at something like stormin the castle.

By George, he's got it!:bow

Do I take it that I knock it on the head then, before I go to any more lengths?

No. By all means organise a get together at the pub you suggested and thanks for taking the trouble to do so.

Choose a date that suits you. I’ll certainly try to attend and build it into a wee birl into Lancs and Yorks. However, an add on to the Dent or other event may suit some folk better. Like I said: you can’t please everyone so please yourself and as many others as can turn up.

The idea of an airhead event was raised in this section and is still worth pursuing.

Your efforts are most welcomed and I believe we await the dates offered before any other options are considered.

Right on - I am just waiting to hear back about available weekends.

I have already made a start on the 'scatter rally' route and clues.

No. By all means organise a get together at the pub you suggested and thanks for taking the trouble to do so.

Choose a date that suits you. I’ll certainly try to attend and build it into a wee birl into Lancs and Yorks. However, an add on to the Dent or other event may suit some folk better. Like I said: you can’t please everyone so please yourself and as many others as can turn up.

Yep, my thoughts exactly (once I'd looked up what a 'birl' is...)

Choose a date that suits you. … you can’t please everyone so please yourself and as many others as can turn up.

Thanks for taking this on Si - and fully agree with Posh spice’s thoughts above.

Now if we can include a bit of grayling fishing as well …

Thanks for taking this on Si - and fully agree with Posh spice’s thoughts above.

Now if we can include a bit of grayling fishing as well …

It will need to be the autumn for that then.... but if you want to come and experience some historical Derbyshire water, come as my guest on the Issac Walton/Charles Cotton stretch, from where he wrote The Compleat Angler. It is part of my club's waters. :beerjug:

We have a campsite near Aberystwyth if your interestead. Two airheads too. Dolauafon.com We used to attend Sids Devon Airhead weekend. Site is plenty big enough for a private weekend motorcycle rally, with loads of fantasting roads, big and little.

Val.

Thanks Val - like the look of your place - especially if I can get a real bed!

It also never rains in Wales "Honest" :)

Happy to help out on a ride-out if its in the Aberystwyth area

Back
Top Bottom