Du to be released imminently...

C4 was beyond shite, as was the comms system . Never again .

Had the sporty lid (S1?) from them. Failed badly, vents jammed, extreme fading of paintwork. Took the dealer & Schuberth so long to deliberate as to what to do I bought a Shoei elsewhere. Then they wouldn't process a refund, insisting it was a case of replacement only, which went straight on eBay at a loss. Would never buy another Schuberth.

Had the sporty lid (S1?) from them. Failed badly, vents jammed, extreme fading of paintwork. Took the dealer & Schuberth so long to deliberate as to what to do I bought a Shoei elsewhere. Then they wouldn't process a refund, insisting it was a case of replacement only, which went straight on eBay at a loss. Would never buy another Schuberth.

To add a spot of balance, I’ve had four Schuberths - a C3, an E1 (which I wore pretty much every day on a trip half way round the world) and two C3 Pros - all have been faultless and I would buy again without hesitation…

It looks good to me, but I have a C4 Pro right now that is only 3 years old, so no rush...

The new comms for the C5 is based on the Sena 50 mesh set up - and the blurb mentions "HD" speakers. That would be interesting for me as the speakers in the C4 Pro just don't have as much bass or volume as I would like for music.

Both my old C3 Pro and my C4 pro helmets have fit me like a glove, so I can imagine the C5 will as well. The original C4 helmet had some serious issues, but the C4 Pro fixed all that and has been an excellent helmet - apart from the crap speakers that can't be upgraded without tearing the helmet apart.

UPDATE FROM MOTOLEGEND!

Blurb from their website....

The new Schuberth C5 helmet.
Again!
Last week, we posted on YouTube a video review of the new Schuberth C5 helmet that is due in a few weeks’ or months’ time. The helmet is a big deal. It’s an important helmet for us; but after the problems of the C4 it’s an infinitely more important helmet for Schuberth.

We were sent a prototype helmet by the importer, and the moment the media embargo was lifted we went live with our YouTube review. We liked the helmet, and whilst we highlighted, as you might expect, some of the things we weren’t ecstatic about on the new helmet, we waxed pretty lyrical about it. It’s the first 22-06 flip to come to market. We love that it now comes with exchangeable inner parts for a customisable fit. And we think the way the comms. installs is simply brilliant.

The C5 will be the very first 22-06 accredited flip-lid to come to market.
But a few days after our video came out, the word came down from on high that Schuberth was not happy that retailers should be reviewing the helmet on the basis of a prototype. They demanded that all retailers around the world take down their reviews. This surprised us. Whenever we review a new helmet from Arai, Shoei, Shark or anyone else, it’s nearly always on the basis that the helmet is not a final production piece. But, for obvious reasons, the manufacturers usually want people like us out there talking about the helmet before it hits the streets. It seems to me that this is the way just about every manufacturer operates, whatever industry they are in, when they launch a new product.

The new C5 looks like a great helmet, and Schuberth should be proud of it.
We think Schuberth has got it wrong. What comes across is that they want to control what retailers are saying. And in the internet age that is never going to work. But so be it. And so we have recorded another review. We say pretty much the same as we said in our first review, but this time round because, of course, we cannot refer to a physical helmet that we have in front of us, we have expressed opinions only on the basis of facts that have already been put in the public domain by Schuberth.

In fact, there is very little difference between what we said last time and this, although we have added a few new facts that have only come to light in the last week.

We didn’t have the new C5 on hand for this review, but that changes little.
Anyway, if you didn’t see the first review, you might find this one interesting. If you did watch the first one, you’ll find that we’ve added very little here. If you want to read our editorial blog which goes into even more depth click here.

We are going to put Schuberth’s over-reaction down to a case of corporate jitters, but in our view they have nothing to be concerned about. The new helmet looks very exciting on a number of scores. And if I was them I would be wanting people like us to be shouting about it from the rooftops, as loudly as they possibly can!

....And a Revised Video Review

A Fantastic review by Motolegends

Indeed….

241d940c55969517503217be5e5d07f6.png

And a further £350 for the intercom.

Quite a norm, it is a premium product after all. My Arai QV was about same, plus I added a Pro Shade visor, plus a dedicated Sena 10U intercom.

Remember if you buy intercom at same time as a lid, you will save 20% on VAT. As helmets are mandatory PPE (a bit like steel toe capped boots on building sites, these also are VAT exempt)

Anyone got hold of one yet? And the comms are eye wateringly expensive I see.......

Would be very interested to hear people's opinions. Stock seems to be coming available now alright but not really for the Sena SC2..

Anyone got hold of one yet? And the comms are eye wateringly expensive I see.......

I ordered one from Moto legends, the size and colour I want shows as in stock on their website but the email I got from them says stock expected through February and March.

Why are Schuberth chinbars so tight to the face!

I’m hardly Jimmy Hill in the lower face department, but Schuberth chin bars always end up touching my chin.

I’m look8ng for a new helmet at the moment, but prefer the adv style with a peak. No E1’s available in large and having tried on the C3, I wouldn’t be able to live with the chin bar on one anyway. Is the C5 any better?

I’m hardly Jimmy Hill in the lower face department, but Schuberth chin bars always end up touching my chin.

I’m look8ng for a new helmet at the moment, but prefer the adv style with a peak. No E1’s available in large and having tried on the C3, I wouldn’t be able to live with the chin bar on one anyway. Is the C5 any better?

Agreed . Had this issue with the C4 too.

Imagine being Jay Leno…..

C4 was beyond shite, as was the comms system . Never again .

My C3 pro leaks in water due to the shite fitting visor and the C4, i had to gaffer tape it up after bits fell off.

Quite a good review IMO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6ROL1FHrbt0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quite a good review IMO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6ROL1FHrbt0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very useful and seemingly very independent too.

I tried on the C5 last week and I also had my chin pressing against the chin bar. Sticking with Neotec so.

I tried on the C5 last week and I also had my chin pressing against the chin bar. Sticking with Neotec so.

It’s really annoying, just don’t know why they can’t add Hal& an inch or put less of a cut back on the bottom of the chin bar.

Shoei neotech used to be like that but the new one is fine. Shame Shoei don’t adventurise the neotech and put a peak on it.

Back
Top Bottom