Alaska 2 week road trip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
As per my threads on here, I've had to postpone the the trips to the lower 48 for next summer, due to problems with getting the bikes across to the USA.

I've been working on a couple of trips to Alaska which I was doing in 2023 so can bring them forward as the freight issues do not affect the..

So, we have here a fantastic 13 day trip based in Alaska and the Yukon. It's a road trip and will be on rental bikes. Some of the roads can get a little rough and there are some sections of hard packed dirt but they are no problem.

The trip starts on Sunday 17th July and finishes on Friday 29th July 2022 in Anchorage and the highlights of the trip include:

• Homer Spit
  • Wittier Tunnel and Portage Glacier
  • Talkeetna
  • Mount Denali
  • Fairbanks
  • Arctic Circle on the Dalton Highway
  • Chena Hot Springs
  • Chicken Alaska
  • Top of the World Highway
  • Dawson City home of the famous Sour toe drink)
  • Valdez
  • Glenn Highway and Matanuska Glacier
  • Haines Pass

The route is designed to show you the best of Alaska and takes in many of the must see places in teh staggering part of the world.

The trip will be on rental bikes so you fly in, collect your bike, follow me for 13 days and then drop your bike off at the end of the trip. All motels are pre booked and you pay for these as well as your food, drinks etc as you go. Please remember I'm guiding the trip so I take all worry out of the trip and as anyone will tell you who has been on my trips, I'm pretty laid back, know all the places to stop and encourage you to relax and enjoy the wonderful places we are in.

The bikes available are BMW R1200/1250GS's and BMW F700/800/850GS's so there is an option for everyone. They have a couple of KLR's and Himalayans as well but they are probably not suited to the distance we have to cover.

Our daily average mileage is about 220 which is very easy up there as there is very little traffic. We also have a great day off in Dawson City which is a fantastic place. The relatively low mileage gives us plenty of time to explore where we are and gives time for plenty of stops to take in everything around us.

Alaska is a truly epic place to ride and experience and it's unlike anywhere you will have been before. One minute you'll be looking at a glacier amongst the snow capped mountains, then you will see a bear wandering along the roadside and then see Salmon return to spawn in Valdez.

The trip is ideal for pillions as well as just riders.

Flights are plentiful in and out of Anchorage, our hotel is a short taxi ride so getting there and back couldn't be easier.

Please message me if you want full details of this great trip.

OK guys, due to the horrendous issues with shipping this year (see the Americas travel thread), this in the only trip I can offer this year because it is on rental bikes.

The bikes are secured and I need to start booking rooms etc so can everyone who is interested please let me know if you want to book a place?

I've emailed everyone who has contacted me so far and please be aware that the numbers are limited due to availability of rental bikes.

I have a couple of spaces left on this trip so PM me if you want any info.

Perfect trip to blow away those pandemic blues and experience one of the great riding destinations :thumb

Attachments

• Downtown motel.JPG
    Downtown motel.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 584
  • Dalton3.JPG
    Dalton3.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 612
  • Dalton66.jpg
    Dalton66.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 614
  • Mark going to Valdez.jpg
    Mark going to Valdez.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 613
  • Mt McKinley.jpg
    Mt McKinley.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 606
OK guys, due to the horrendous issues with shipping this year (see the Americas travel thread), this in the only trip I can offer this year because it is on rental bikes.

That's a bummer for you mate but well done in finding a way :beerjug:

I've had one person who has unfortunately had to pull out of this trip so I have one space available if anyone is interested?

You will be on an F800GS or F850GS and have a wonderful trip.

Alaska is a perfect adventure bike destination and a perfect trip to blow away those post pandemic cobwebs.

Attachments

• Bear and cubs4.jpg
    Bear and cubs4.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Symon at the Arctic Circle.JPG
    Symon at the Arctic Circle.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Yukon Ferry.JPG
    Yukon Ferry.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 427
  • Dalton5.JPG
    Dalton5.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 421
That’s a properly handsome fellow leaning on the Arctic circle sign :D

This trip is all booked up now and can't wait to get out to Alaska in a couple of weeks.

I'll do updates in trips reports as we go if we have time so keep an eye out on there.

Have a great safe one Chris and look forward to hearing about it.
I'm back to Iceland in 2 weeks and can't wait!

Have a great safe one Chris and look forward to hearing about it.
I'm back to Iceland in 2 weeks and can't wait!

Have a great time Tim and like you, I can't wait.

Funnily enough I'll be in Iceland on the 13th for about 3 hours as I'm flying to Anchorage on Icelandair via Rekjavik!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom