Opening this thread could prove very costly

A far cry from the current behemoth…

Yep, I have zero interest in current wings, but I really do like these original GL1000s.

The girl up the road when I was about 13 was pretty hot and her boyfriend always had the latest bike. I remember seeing him turn up on a turquoise GL1000 for the first time and couldn't believe that a motorcycle that bulky and heavy could make sense. You see one today and compared to what we've become used to they're reasonably compact. Looking back, it was a huge departure from the ubiquitous UJM - Honda really stepped out of the norm.

Some nice stuff there

Given some very deep pockets i would buy the Gilera Dont know why i like that but i do

The Greaves MX4 as i remember trying to dray pictures of them when i was a youth

The Bimota SB6

Hailwood rep obviously and the R1 SP

Some nice stuff there

Given some very deep pockets i would buy the Gilera Dont know why i like that but i do

The Greaves MX4 as i remember trying to dray pictures of them when i was a youth

The Bimota SB6

Hailwood rep obviously and the R1 SP

That's a nice start... :D The TR6 appeals, too.

Don't think my pension would stretch to anything I like but wouldn't mind one of the Z900 bikes,or the H2 750,the estimate for the 1970 Honda 750 seems rather low but obviously it is only an estimate.Guess you don't see many Brough Superiors come up for sale these days,reckon that will go for mega bucks.

Definitely some interesting bikes.

So many appealing bikes - this one really catches my eye -

Paul, if you end up getting this, reach out to me as I have the original workshop manual, parts manual, etc. and probably a few other bits n bobs which I had for my plain jane (I had a 1976 model).

yes plenty choice,and plenty with no reserve,the british stuff will be worth nowt in ten years though.

Only 2 on there which are 2 of my bucket list bikes

both will fetch way way more than the catalogue estimates, 96 & 121 ,

107 could be a tempter, as i'm sure its the bike my mum had in the back garden when we were young

Given that the NMM is near on home to almost all of the Norton F1 bikes, i suspect that may be an additional member of the

stables shortly

There is some wank on there, amongst the nice bikes

FSIE is a FS1

Beamish is all wrong for year

Some nice stuff, but I would check the provenance carefully

Paul, if you end up getting this, reach out to me as I have the original workshop manual, parts manual, etc. and probably a few other bits n bobs which I had for my plain jane (I had a 1976 model).

Thanks that's a kind offer. Sadly I am only window shopping at the moment

There is some wank on there, amongst the nice bikes

FSIE is a FS1

Weird, isn't it - some absolute collectors pieces, alongside tat like an '03 Honda Hornet.

The guide pricing of some seems a bit odd - for instance this seems a bit optimistic to me -

Attachments

• Kawa KE.gif
    Kawa KE.gif
    237.2 KB · Views: 213
Two from my youth there. Honda SS50 - and GL1000.

My first bike was an SS50 bought for me brand new as a surprise by my Grandfather, 1st I knew of it was when we walked into the shop, I had never ridden before but had to ride it home from the middle of Liverpool. It cost £100 brand new.
Traded it a year later - got the £100 as trade in value against a new Bridgestone 175 Duel Twin Scrambler. Again new.
Then got a Used Kawasaki H1 500
Then a brand new GL1000. ( all my mates were buying R90s - I wanted to be different)

Then I married my 1st wife 😩

Obviously it would have been financially beneficial to have kept them all.

I remember my first and only ride on a ‘Wing. I had a Z650 at the time, so reasonable weight, performance and handling. I was impressed with the way the Wing picked up speed, it’s smoothness and general refinement, then I came to a small roundabout to make a U-turn. Oh dear, that was hard work and I wasn’t ready for it. I’m sure you can adapt, but nimble is not how I remember the Wing. Can’t dent it looks great though, and and rather have that in my garage than any Wing from the las 15 years.

Buyer beware. I’d be doing my homework before jumping in. Couple of bikes in there just to get a rub of greatness nothing special at all. In fact shiney project. JJH

Back
Top Bottom