Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Forrest Acomodation?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Odd that EVSkij gave it a good thumbs up and assorted websites give it a uniformly good review. I know the hotel (though have never stayed there) as I have stopped for a coffee at the gift shop place next door several times. It looks OK, with a whole heap of parking outside. I’ll accept that it’s on the B500 but I don’t think that makes the parking particularly risky. I am sure I went into the hotel once for lunch or a coffee, when it was tipping it down outside. I recall it was OK.

Are we talking about the same place?
    My apologies!

I am on about the Berg Hotel in Cochem.

Will look into this one.

TA Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 47steve View Post
    My apologies!

Will look into this one.

TA Steve
    Big geographic difference
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by 47steve View Post
    My apologies!

Will look into this one.

TA Steve
    Are you sure you didn’t mean the Iceberg hotel in Nuuk?

In my OP I stated we were leaving From Cochem. That is were the confusion lies

Cochem. Stayed here many times.

https://aparthotel-cochem.de/
    lets av it

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I can see where this thread is heading…..

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

They do make exceedingly good cakes in Cochem.

Quote Originally Posted by adm1 View Post
    They do make exceedingly good cakes in Cochem.
    I didn’t have Mr Kipling down as a German. The things you learn. I must tell my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    I didn’t have Mr Kipling down as a German. The things you learn. I must tell my mate.
    I thought you were well up on WW2 history. Haven't you heard of, the shortage of "sehr gute Kuchen" that decimated morale on the Eastern Front?

Herr Kippelhoff made sehr gute Kuchen but the brand was withdrawn after WW2 due to supplying the Reich. Rank Hovis McDougall nicked the recipes and relaunched as Mr Kipling in the 1960s.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

I am indebted to my learned friend.

Quote Originally Posted by squibb34 View Post
    For convenience we always used the Holiday Inn Express at Baden-Baden when in transit - there is a decent Italian nearby & usually something happening in town.

If we fancied a touch of luxury we had come to enjoy Rottele's Restaurant & Residenz, just south of BB in the vinyards at Schloss Neuweier, close to the B500. Sadly Armin, the Patron & HD enthusiast, decided to pull the plug in 2020 (after 16 yrs) due to the pandemic.
    I would use the Holiday Inn again. Nice bar, decent breakfast and parking in the basement/ground floor. Turn left out of the hotel to the pizza place 400m away.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    Just booked 3 nights in the Berghotel in the first week of May.

It better live up to the billing as I will need a relaxing time after a weekend on the lash
    Quote Originally Posted by EVskij View Post
    Let us know what your experience will be like.
    Won't be staying at Mummelsee now. I have acquired an entourage which the hotel cannot accommodate. Looks like we will be in a hotel in Buhlertal surrounded by vineyards. This will work better for a group as there is a choice of eateries and of course a vineyard to explore. http://hotel-adler-buehlertal.de/
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123