701 Enduro "Travel Edition"

Hopefully start bolting some bits on tomorrow instead of taking things off….

e2c186f0542f97b0331d566059508cfa.jpg

e34236292f5010940a0b04d34a6d3515.jpg

7982c510053bf92125b1ab6f18c8e83b.jpg

15ff7ac6f11e767d2bb69d1f8d7e3e7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVAP & SAS systems removed and SmartMoto eliminator kits fitted

Tekmo Racing titanium header fitted along with a de-catted Remus end can

Twin Air foam filter fitted

My additional fuel tank kit was delivered so tomorrows job is to unbox it and sort all the parts ready for fitting at the weekend

A little bit more progress , it took all morning to assemble the tank and fit all the brackets , bushes etc to the bike but finally got to the point where I could test fit it before I do all of the wiring and the fuel lines . Fits great and thankfully plenty of clearance for the Tekmo PowerBomb header . Outer panels all fit nice as well as tried one side on

Looking more and more like an adventurised x challenge every day :D

Does look nice, and am following with interest, but won't be giving up my x's. When that happens I'll be done riding:rob

I pretty much turned my 701 into a travel edition, the main difference is I used the rally raid tank which replaces the airbox, instead of the large tank.
Great bikes, and probably more reliable/easy to maintain due to availability of parts, but lack the simplicity/charachter of the XChallenge.
Ended up selling my 701 and replacing it with a very nice , X Challenge.

Additional tank all fitted , plumbed and wired in , just need to apply decals and then fit panels

The decal kit came with eight pieces , four for the tank and rear panels , two for the forks guards and two additional one's that I can't for the life of me work out where they go

Can someone advise where the two decals on the right in the picture below go ? The two on the left are for the fork guards

A few £1k more and it'll be a 640adv :D

What! he’s managed to lose 15bhp as well! ;) :D

Following this with interest to see how you get on with the bigger tank and mods. I put a RADE auxiliary tank on mine with the air box mod and that gives me a 240 mile range, which is more than enough for my needs.

These bikes are a real hoot on the road, as well as being very capable off road. I did a couple of hundred miles down a mixture of back roads and lanes on mine yesterday and it was so much fun, even on the damp, slippy stuff.

It’s very rewarding to get a new bike exactly as you want it and I reckon yours will be a very capable travel bike by the time you’ve finished!

A little bit more done , bar risers fitted and decals applied to panels

Headlight upgraded with LED main beam and side light bulbs and screen fitted

Still have not worked out where these remaining two decals go.....

Would the cut outs go on the inner lower fork protectors with the straight edged one on the disc side of the wheel ?

I don't quite follow what you mean by "inner lower fork protectors" the plastic fork protectors already have their new decals fitted ?

I’ve had a look at my 701LR and I’ve no idea where these go as I’ve got no decals on mine of that shape.

Thanks , glad it's not just me being thick !

I certainly can't see where they would go - you would think it would be obvious especially with the two large cut outs

Maybe they are alternative fork shroud decals for the SM?

Maybe but why would they come as part of the additional fuel tank kit which is unlikely to be fitted to a SM and secondly the decals themselves are longer than the plastic fork guards themslves

Well the fun and games continues with fitting the additional fuel tank kit

I've had missing parts , incorrect parts and what at best is a poor set of instructions

After numerous calls and emails I eventually got everything and the additional tank was fitted , plumbed and wired in and all of the covers bolted on

Last job was to pop the seat on , except it doesnt fit !

After a message exchange with Martin to get some photos and part numbers off his 2020 LR is became apparent that the 2021 model bike uses a different ECU which is physically larger and has three multi plug connectors rather than the two on the 2020 model

To accommodate this larger ECU it has been moved to sit above the relay holder and the 2021 model has a different battery holder and retaining bracket

This means the seat support posts on the seat base from the kit foul with the battery and do not allow the seat to be fitted

This information has been sent to the Dealer and on to KTM but unless they already have a seat to suit this new arrangement I can't what they will do

I can't really see KTM making a bespoke seat for me so my only option may be to modify the seat pan which does look a possibility

If I am going to modify the seat I want some sort of recompense though as they sold the kit as being suitable for my bike - we will have to see what response I get

2020 LR :

2021 :

Difference in seat bases 2021 to seat from kit :

Resulting in a non fitting seat !

Back
Top Bottom