701 Enduro "Travel Edition"

SATNAV bracket with lockable powered mount , additional USB sockets and 12v DIN socket fitted along with OEM heated grips

I can't really see KTM making a bespoke seat for me so my only option may be to modify the seat pan which does look a possibility

Unless they have other customers doing the same conversion that you are doing?

You must be a bit gutted by this after all the work and chasing up parts you have had to do to get this far into the conversion.

Looks great though.

So Husqvarna/KTM have came back to say they do not have a seat to suit the 2021 Enduro R with the additional tank kit fitted

They have re-funded me £200 to allow me to get the seat re-worked myself which should cover the costs of the seat pan modification and getting the seat upgraded to a bit thicker/wider foam covering (probably with a gel insert) and a custom cover . So its off to Saddllecraft tomorrow .... https://www.saddlecraft.co.uk

Got the rear rack back from the powder coaters and fitted it and the pannier rails

Looks fabulous John. Will be great to see the seat pan mod and work Saddlecraft do as looking to have my own reworked. Thanks for putting the thread together, I could be tempted to do similar, but some homework required on other options before taking the plunge.

Modified the seat pan so it all fits properly now :)

Got the hand guards fitted and a few other bolt on bits

Had my first run out on the 701 today around Kielder Reservoir and through Kielder Forest

All I can say is WOW !!

The bike is fantastic - it handles great , pulls like a train and the quick-shifter if as smooth as anything

It's like one of my old BMW G650 XChallenges on steroids

I’m looking forward to using it in earnest next year around Europe

Looks nice now, I’ve just had a cool cover’s made for my 701 LR just need to get out on it now.

Fantastic job John, looks tremndous, I am sure you will have lots of fun on it.
Looking forward to longer trips on mine too, probably with the Rade 6 Litre tank to replace part of the airbox, so it has been great to see your conversion thread, many thanks.

Had my first run out on the 701 today around Kielder Reservoir and through Kielder Forest

All I can say is WOW !!

The bike is fantastic - it handles great , pulls like a train and the quick-shifter if as smooth as anything

That looks fantastic. Lots of weather protection from the tank lobes and those pannier frames have loads of strapping/bungying points to work with. Great work.

What quick shifter did you go with?

All I can say is WOW !!

Swapped out the very poor OEM headlight for a LED unit with DRL , low and high beam

Fits great and looks to be well made

That looks like a great mod John. Like the fact that it does not have multiple smaller LEDs instead of one larger main light. Did it come as a complete unit with cowl or just the main light unit. Is it plug and play ? Which one is it, have looked online and have not seen one exactly like that.
Thanks.

That looks like a great mod John. Like the fact that it does not have multiple smaller LEDs instead of one larger main light. Did it come as a complete unit with cowl or just the main light unit. Is it plug and play ? Which one is it, have looked online and have not seen one exactly like that.
Thanks.

Comes as just the light unit and it fits straight into the OEM cowl . It plugs into the 4 pin headlight socket so no modifications or changes to anything required . I got it from the CoxComb Racing Store £122 delivered

Back
Top Bottom