New ferry - Eemshaven-Kristiansand

I'm with udders, I had been looking at getting the bike shipped to Oslo but the carnet situation has, at least for the time being, scuppered that.

Just checked price. 7th of April 2022 one way one person plus 1bike and 2 berth cabin is £200.
I think thats a fair price considering it's also £50 one way from Hirtshals to Larvik

Just checked price. 7th of April 2022 one way one person plus 1bike and 2 berth cabin is £200.
I think thats a fair price considering it's also £50 one way from Hirtshals to Larvik

I seem to recall paying £90 Hirtshjals to Brevik back in 2013 so that makes the price you quote from NL to Norway even better. I'll bear that in mind for next year as Newcastle to Amsterdam followed by another hop to Norway would make a lot of sense. :thumb2

I seem to recall paying £90 Hirtshjals to Brevik back in 2013 so that makes the price you quote from NL to Norway even better. I'll bear that in mind for next year as Newcastle to Amsterdam followed by another hop to Norway would make a lot of sense. :thumb2
I've only ever travelled Larvik from Hirstals with ColorLine and always paid equivalent of €49 one way. Just checked for next April and it's gone up to €57. Was your trip to Brevik on a motorbike or car? £90 Hirstals to Brevik seems high and not far from Larvik.
Great to have a new service there from Holland. It will cut out about 500 miles of uninteresting riding through Germany and Denmark.

I've only ever travelled Larvik from Hirstals with ColorLine and always paid equivalent of €49 one way. Just checked for next April and it's gone up to €57. Was your trip to Brevik on a motorbike or car? £90 Hirstals to Brevik seems high and not far from Larvik.
Great to have a new service there from Holland. It will cut out about 500 miles of uninteresting riding through Germany and Denmark.

That may have been the return trip I was recalling. :D The new ferry still looks a good option though.

That may have been the return trip I was recalling. :D The new ferry still looks a good option though.
That's true. I will definitely be using it. My other half is Norwegian so I'm always visiting...usually by air but occasionally on the bike. This will save 1000 miles on a round trip.

€420 for my potential crossing.

I’d be interested in the cost to take a motorhome (return) because it’s a long slog and certainly not a cheap one when you look at fuel costs.

I’d be interested in the cost to take a motorhome (return) because it’s a long slog and certainly not a cheap one when you look at fuel costs.

2nd-24 July 22 <7m camper x2 passengers €535 for a flexi ticket(€500 for fixed sailing). Probably £150 dearer than driving? Might think about it to extend our stay if our yacht trip works out.

Al.

2nd-24 July 22 <7m camper x2 passengers €535 for a flexi ticket(€500 for fixed sailing). Probably £150 dearer than driving? Might think about it to extend our stay if our yacht trip works out.

Al.
Which is cheap compared to €420 for 1 person and a motorbike!
But it’s going to save 4 days riding and two nights stay somewhere ( return trip ). Then you’d still have to get a ferry over to Norway and back at the end of that.
I think I worked it out on Google maps that it’s 810 miles from the Hook up to Hirtshals. Tyre wear would also have to be taken into account cos that’s 1620 miles just to get there and back. I’d rather save that and get the ferry up from Holland. :thumb2

The tyre wear is worth bearing in mind .
Didn’t measure the distance ,, but From SW Scotland to the cape and back on a transalp 650 1 up camping a standard tourance did the job .
Same trip 2 up on the twincam GSA a tkc 70 did the job
Same trip 1 up on the twincam on a standard tourance was not possible and new rubber was necessary on the return tip about 2/3 down Norway .

Has anyone booked yet

Hi fokes.

Just checking to see if anyone has taken the plunge and booked Holland Norway ferry yet.

I am getting a quote, 5 bikes, 5 persons, cabins Euro 1100 one way, ouch.

Reluctant to hand over my hard earned until the service is definitely up and running

thanks

Kevin

We've booked 3 people, 3 bikes and two cabins for 610 Euro for a one way trip E to K on a Saturday in May. We've gone for the more expensive 'get your money back' ticket as we are unconvinced that the pandemic has had its last throw of the dice.

Several of the cabin options were already sold out when we booked last month so it's looking like the route will be successful.

Although it is expensive we went for it because, being time limited, it gives us another day in Norway. The saving of two nights accommodation and 400 miles of fuel partly offsets the cost.

My booking quote looks similar to yours El Capitono.
fingers crossed it gets up and running

Hi fokes.

Just checking to see if anyone has taken the plunge and booked Holland Norway ferry yet.

I am getting a quote, 5 bikes, 5 persons, cabins Euro 1100 one way, ouch.

Reluctant to hand over my hard earned until the service is definitely up and running

thanks

Kevin

EUR 220 a head, with cabin and five separate bikes, doesn’t look too bad.

I hadn’t even realised this service existed but compared to the drag up through Germany then an overnight stop before a ferry between Denmark and Norway it seems more than reasonable.

Did your booking go through OK
It's been hard work getting a 5 bike party booked
Had do to two separate bookings - only payment would not go through. Resorted to phone booked
Rather over complicated but nearly the
One way K-E

Just a bit of feedback on this ferry after our trip a few weeks ago.

We took the ferry from Eemshaven to Kristiansand but returned via Denmark and Germany.

We got off the Hull to Rotterdam ferry and took the motorways up to Eemshaven, some pointers -
a) During the day the speed limit on Dutch motorways is 60mph
b) Dutch motorways come to a standstill when the lift bridges open to let boats through
c) Groningen is being dug up so avoid as best you can
d) The ferry terminal is not that well signposted
All of which conspired to delay our arrival at the ferry terminal until just after 2pm - the ferry company warn you be there at 1:30 at the latest but there was still a queue to check in when we got there so it wasn't a problem.

Strapping the bikes down was entertaining as they supply a strange blue strap that no-one (including the ferry staff) seemed to be able to work out for a while but we got there in the end. The bikes have to be shuffled about as the cutouts in the deck are few and far between so it isn't easy to get the straps in a straight line to your bike without impacting on other peoples bikes. It all gets sorted in the end but it does take time. It was a rough crossing but all the bikes survived the trip.

Cabins were good, food was great and free beer (or wine) with the dinner (supposed to be limited to three halves but no-one was counting).

All in all very impressed and personally I would take the ferry both ways next time - not to say that Denmark and north western Germany aren't worth visiting but they're no match for Norway.

Booked the Eemshaven to Kristiansand ferry some time ago for three of us on a trip from the 23rd May to the 14th June. Just discovered that it will be sailing from Cuxhaven (Germany) from Mid-April and Endhaven from June 1st then returning to Eemshaven sometime in the future.

Cuxhaven is 115 miles further from Hoek van Holland than Eemshaven so it will be a bit of a rush but doable.

Looking forward to the trip &#55357;&#56832;

Back
Top Bottom