AIRHEAD MEETING

The Miners Standard was our half way stopover on last years National Rally a lovely pub and campsite I asked the Landlady at around the time I thought should be last orders what time they closed she said when I've had enough and throw you lot out !
I have put this in my diary and hope to join you

Excellent. We look forward to seeing you.
I fancy doing the National Rally again one year. I did it on my Morini 350 I think it was in 1992, the finish was at Donnington Park. I did the Special Gold that year, my first attempt, but I was hopeless on the 'special stage' where you had to do a set average speed around the track with speedo and rev counter covered up. My speed to achieve was about 32mph from memory. I was miles out! :thumby:

Went for a rideout with Simon tuther day
I have put these routes up for anyone with a GPX acceptable GPS
Friday routes have a road up side of the 2 of the 3 dams that is closed at weekend
Hope they work.
they were done on Basecamp
I can do a KLM copy if yer need um
:thumby: :thumby:

Attachments

• FRiday Dams back 30m.gpx
    77.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Friday to Dams 41 m.gpx
    103.9 KB · Views: 14
  • North route 85mile.gpx
    214.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Staffordshire route 65mile.gpx
    147.6 KB · Views: 23
Remind me to have a chat with you down there about your X country and its suitability for touring! :thumb2 (Panniers, fuel capacity etc.)

Sorry, I didn't see your comment until just....

Attachments

• DSC_3577.jpg
    DSC_3577.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 132
:eek: Please note the user name - POSH Pete! :D

I had panniers / tank bag etc in mind. Looking fw to a chat over a beer. :beerjug:

I shall be using the same panniers on the R80 as on the x Country. That is the joy of soft luggage, you only need one set and use it on anything/everything. I have the dedicated tank bag for the x Country, they are not very big but can carry useful bits you want access to en route. Like flapjacks or biltong to eat as you ride.....

Are x challenges (watercooled) allowed at the airhead meet��

Hopefully try and get to this, been a long time for a catch up Mick:beer:

I’m sure I recall you once saying you wish you’d chosen PISHED Pete!:D

Probably more accurate right enough Richard. Certainly at the point at which I decided to change the name!

I shall be using the same panniers on the R80 as on the x Country. That is the joy of soft luggage, you only need one set and use it on anything/everything. I have the dedicated tank bag for the x Country, they are not very big but can carry useful bits you want access to en route. Like flapjacks or biltong to eat as you ride.....

:thumb2

Went for a rideout with Simon tuther day
I have put these routes up for anyone with a GPX acceptable GPS
Friday routes have a road up side of the 2 of the 3 dams that is closed at weekend
Hope they work.
they were done on Basecamp
I can do a KLM copy if yer need um
:thumby: :thumby:

Thanks Mick... what do I do with them? I clicked on the Friday one, but my confuser wants to go to the Microsoft store to find something to open it with... I haven't got any further! I can see them billing me for some programme or other.

Are x challenges (watercooled) allowed at the airhead meet��

You might find it a bit uncomfortable. The routes are tarmac, not rough tracks.... but I bet Mick could point you in the right direction for one or two. It is supposed to be an airhead do mind.... but those who gatecrash and buy beer will be welcome! :p

Not to worry then, have a good time all��

Back
Top Bottom