Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30/31 July 2022

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    dont fret too much on the cidre. Ill pick up some strongbow on the way! otherwise Gin'll do. Unfortunately and sadly not a wine drinker...slay me. I plan on arriving friday afternoon, evening and leaving Monday morning if that's okay? Please PM your location for route planning. Thank you Donovan
    PS, can I bring something for you from the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post
    Hello again Sid, I attended one of your Wee-Kends while you were still in Blighty about ten years ago, it was delightful. Happily, from all the comments on your French 'do's the standards are being maintained.

To save others the bother of searching back through the posts on the France 'do's I thought I would cut-&-paste the location from your 2019 post in the spirit of doing something - indeed anything at all - to tempt folks to attend, and hopefully enjoy the event as much as I did all those years ago:

I won't be able to attend myself unfortunately, but to anyone here that has any doubts at all, just GO!!
    Thanks for your kind words John. You are welcome here anytime.
    A few updates from 2019. The Bikers B&B is no more killed by Covid.
    Secondly they replaced the vandalised speed cameras with massive new ones but there are only two in the entire area and you can see them from a mile away.
    Good news is that they have resurfaced most of the roads and they are like race tracks.
    Also I have discovered numerous off road trails that are GS friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    OK, all looking good here. Been freaking hot recently, up to 41° in the evening but much cooler now.
    Still investigating the local cider/cidre. To be honest, not too impressed with the local offerings. The locals are better at wine but I promise to get at least some cider.
    The night markets start next week in July. On Friday nights there are choices of two local villages offering gourmand evenings of local food and drink.

Ask anyone who has been before. It is an awesome weekend!
    Would have loved to come to this Sid - unfortunately my good lady wife’s niece is getting hitched at the end of July and my presence is required!

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Sorry for delay in replying to all.
    We are all good to go. Swimming pool has been recommissioned and is perfect. We have several inflatables for lots of fun.
    My good friend Simon (Sumprat) has confirmed his flights and he will be cooking for everyone.
    We have new tables and chairs so room for many.
    Plan is Saturday 30th for general party.
    Sunday 31st is a big ride out from 9 am arriving back at our home around noon. Snacks, drinks and excellent bbq during the afternoon. One of my French biker friends is an Artisan butcher who will supply the very finest meats etc. Qua!ity wines and beers are also provided.
    Last year there a slight battle as Simon insisted that all meat was suitably cooked whereas the French savages wanted it still raw!

Keith Bouncer, you are welcome to blag one of the spare bedrooms. At worst, it may be a twin bed and you might have to share.
    I'd love to attend this year and, although I don't know the gentleman, I'd be willing to risk my manhood and take the option, if available, of the other twin bed with Sumprat.
    I decided, at the Assen MotoGP, that my days in a small 2 man tent are over!
    If not, and I may still attend, are there local b & b things available?

TIA,

Iain
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Khulu View Post
    I'd love to attend this year and, although I don't know the gentleman, I'd be willing to risk my manhood and take the option, if available, of the other twin bed with Sumprat.
    I decided, at the Assen MotoGP, that my days in a small 2 man tent are over!
    If not, and I may still attend, are there local b & b things available?

TIA,

Iain
    Iain

You are very welcome to have a room.

We are live!
    First to arrive was Donovan on his R1150 R which he has converted to GS spec.
    Second was Martin on his big KTM who arrived after we had already gone out to the night market in the local town. He eventually found us.
    Rob arrives tomorrow on his 1200 GSA.
    We took Donovan up to to local market in the Bentley after he had enjoyed a swim in the 12m pool.

It is going to be an awesome Weekend!

Not to late to join us!
    If you can't make this weekend, then just come anytime in August or September. We don't mind having an excuse to have another party at any time.

was thinking about it but due to possibly getting called in for medical this week or next couldnt chance it

enjoy

Well Saturday night really was awesome. Over 40 attendees including several French neighbours.

Great food prepared and cooked by Simon (Sumprat) and Donavan (adventuredon).
    After the food we had great entertainment with a friend playing his guitar in the style of the late great Pastyman.

After much alcohol, wde fired up the Kareoke machine with varying results. Some profession singers mixed with some idiots.

Suday morning was a great ride out to a local giant metal elephant. I will try to upload photos. Then a stop at a local market town for a much needed drink.

Back home to another Simon master class lunch then more chill out time in the pool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12