Suzuki GW250

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Picked up this shiny thing at the weekend. Never really been on my radar in the past as they are a bit awkward looking from certain angles but it was cheap, local and had a terrible advert on FB Marketplace! I did some research on them and the reviews are almost entirely favourable when taking it for what it is.... a budget commuter bike. The model is virtually unchanged throughout its production run. The motor is the same parallel twin used in the DL250 VStrom. Build quality is far better than I expected. This is a 2013 model, has covered 25K and runs perfectly.

Very much under the radar that Mark, and probably like other low stressed Suzuki mills it will be 100% reliable.No spray coming off that front muddy :)

They are a full size bike, unlike most in this class. They have instruments that tell you what you need to know and nothing more. They are, in my opinion, excellent value.

Is it the Inzuma or something like that; looks like a B-King headlight and side pods; i see a guy on one most days near work; he uses it in all weathers and it always looks tidy.

Fitted a screen today and took the bike on an 80 miles round trip to pick up a jacket I bought off here. Incredibly effective and can now sit at 70 with no wind blast or buffeting. I took the scenic route via A and B roads and I have to say this bike handles superbly and has brilliant suspension.

I recently swapped the rear rack for a Givi one so I could fit the Givi pannier frames. Another 70 mile round trip today to pick up some E21 panniers bought used via facebook. I reckon this is about as far as I can go with bolt-ons. Still very impressed indeed with this bike.

200 mile round trip to Sutton Coldfield and back via A14 and A5 today. Sat at just under 70mph most of the way. Fresh as a daisy after and 82mpg.

After 5 months of ownership I finally got the Mrs on the back to see how it coped. I wound up the preload on the rear shock a few notches. Yet again, the bike exceeded my expectations.The difference in performance was quite minimal. I am sure a decent hill would show up the extra load, but there aren’t any around here :D. Apparently it is also comfy enough for the pillion and it certainly wasn’t cramped.

An update on this….. a high mileage, but incredibly clean, NC750X manual came up for sale at a good price so I bought that and ended up selling the GW250. Turns out I missed the GW so I just bought another which arrived yesterday. I will probably move the NC on in the Spring as it has only done stuff the GW could do just as well i.e. not a lot!

The new one, not so different from previous one!
Added 12v socket, RAM mount, grip puppies and GIVI rack and Monokey base plate. It came with the Puig screen and full stainless exhaust system.

Back
Top Bottom