Suspension strut warning thing…..

Wapping

Reaction score
A cracking start to my Belgian long weekend. On starting my new (1000 miles only) bike to leave the Chunnel in France on came a suspension strut warning.

As it is pitch black, I have simply ignored it and gone to have beer and food in Cap Gris Nez as planned. In the morning I’ll see if it has cleared itself and / or whether adjusting the suspension clears it. I guess I could also pull the connector plug off the suspension (assuming I can get to it) blow in it and see if that fixes it.

I assume it is just some sort of sensor malfunction as the suspension seems to be working when the bike is being ridden.

My thoughts exactly.

Please ride carefully, is the screen instruction. I have no idea what that really means….

Is it a red or amber warning notification

Amber = info see dealer at next visit / convenience

Red= Warning Dealer asap ride with mucho caution

Please ride carefully, is the screen instruction. I have no idea what that really means….

I’ve seen you ride! I would be quite concerned…….;) :D

P.S. Hope it resolves itself without further intervention!

It's usually just a 10 minute reset at the dealer I understand, to relearn the parameters, but why? Some say it's a software glitch; others reckon it's induced by the LH switchgear as they go on to experience other 'issues'. Seems the Mothership is aware, but doubtless in denial.

Annoying, but thankfully nothing that should affect your weekend jaunt.

After being abandoned to chance in the cold and dark on the bad streets of Cap Gris Nez, it learned the errors of its ways as I feasted and slept. In the morning it had mended itself. A miracle and it’s been fine all day.

After being abandoned to chance in the cold and dark on the bad streets of Cap Gris Nez, it learned the errors of its ways as I feasted and slept. In the morning it had mended itself. A miracle and it’s been fine all day.

I had one issue with my ex. F800, it wouldn't start after a shut down.

As I was located by the hotel where we should stay for the night, I left the bike where it was and went for a beer.
But before I left the bike, I warned him that if he did not start in the morning I would trade him in for a Honda and sell him to a vegetarian...

It never acted up again... (it did start in the morning, and when I got home, my dealer changed the switgear on both handlebars)

Ha haha, very similar to me overnight in the Pas de Calais.

The only cause I can think of was the bike being on its side stand, bouncing a bit on its suspension whilst on the Chunnel train. I wonder if the bouncing and angle doesn’t somehow load up the suspension, so that when it runs through its checks, the bike thinks the suspension is out of its calibrated range. That seems odd (and even unlikely) to me but it’s the best I can do at the moment. Anyway, touch wood it hasn’t done it since.

Back
Top Bottom