New connect cradle

I would have no problem with the nav 6 if it didn't keep breaking, the screen is so much better than the 5 but it's just not reliable enough to trust.

Ah, I've moved my nav to the handlebars and got my roadbook where the nav was. If I used the nav mount with the phone in it'll it would tidy things up even more. Then switch to ICO trip when rallying
d691117be51ee62a15c5302f014f3760.jpg

I did some of the beta testing and development for this. Didn’t think it would end up being so expensive!

£188 was my figure as well today, think it's the route I'm going now

£188 hmmm. So which is a better solution, this new cradle or a used Nav V for not very much more money?

;6176740 said:
£188 hmmm. So which is a better solution, this new cradle or a used Nav V for not very much more money?

I’d say this.
Better traffic info and less to connect via Bluetooth.

I’d say this.
Better traffic info and less to connect via Bluetooth.

Good points. I also like the ease you can receive a gpx route from a mate while out and about. I have mate who uses calimoto. If he uses that to plan a route at a coffee stop he can easily ping that over to the phone and the BMW app picks it straight up.

Cons I suppose include:
Not waterproof
Phone does not lock to the mount so can’t leave on the bike as much
Water droplets on the screen can cause odd behaviour as the phone thinks you’re using the touch screen
Vibration issue (if you care)

To be fair, light rain is not an issue and if it’s monsoon conditions the phone can go in an inside pocket and it will still provide turn by turn direction on the tft.

;6176755 said:
Good points. I also like the ease you can receive a gpx route from a mate while out and about. I have mate who uses calimoto. If he uses that to plan a route at a coffee stop he can easily ping that over to the phone and the BMW app picks it straight up.

Cons I suppose include:
Not waterproof
Phone does not lock to the mount so can’t leave on the bike as much
Water droplets on the screen can cause odd behaviour as the phone thinks you’re using the touch screen
Vibration issue (if you care)

I already use my phone instead of a nav device so have to remember to take it with me when I park the bike, but then it’s a wireless charging mount, so no different from when I park the car too. Plus chances are I’d need my phone to pay for things anyway.

Rain wise it’s pretty protected, but I’d not risk with an older phone!

Will be keen to see it working with an iPhone first. Without having camera data it means i’d still rely on my other nav apps for warnings, so just how much control it give you over the phone will be swing it for me.
That or bmw put camera warnings in the connected app of course.

I would be very surprised if it allows you to do anything other than navigate around the BMW app itself. Time will tell.

;6176773 said:
I would be very surprised if it allows you to do anything other than navigate around the BMW app itself. Time will tell.

Yes agreed. Getting cameras in the connectedride app is more likely. I did contact TomTom and ask did they know what the issue is. They relied

‘Since we are not the official developers of the app, it's difficult to tell, but this could be related to changes in the contract we have.’

I have contacted bmw too and asked the same question of them. Cameras are in their connectdrive app, so hopefully it’s a realistic prospect.

Yes agreed. Getting cameras in the connectedride app is more likely. I did contact TomTom and ask did they know what the issue is. They relied

‘Since we are not the official developers of the app, it's difficult to tell, but this could be related to changes in the contract we have.’

I have contacted bmw too and asked the same question of them. Cameras are in their connectdrive app, so hopefully it’s a realistic prospect.

You have to consider that BMW is a global company. Camera data might be all well and good in the UK, whereas there may be many other countries where it is not allowed.

Apparently it will be available in week 49?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom