New connect cradle

Well that has made my mind up to get one now

Fine if BMW are willing to warrant the phone’s camera . My cradle does not feel sufficiently damped and not sure that the stated rubber components exist , without dismantling the cradle . I’m sure others on here have already done that .

Fine if BMW are willing to warrant the phone’s camera . My cradle does not feel sufficiently damped and not sure that the stated rubber components exist , without dismantling the cradle . I’m sure others on here have already done that .
But BMW will have an out as Apple tell you not to mount their phones on a motorcycle. No other phone manufacturer says the same.

The nav6 is a relatively good off road unit and if I hadn’t had so many issues and replacements I would have stuck with it. I still haven’t used the cradle yet so will be interested to see how I get on using a phone to navigate.

Has anyone used it with one of the latest iPhones?

Santa dropped one off for me but I’ve yet to use it and wondering if any cameras have been killed yet.

I lost 2 iPhones to the quad lock system before I got the dampener, been great since

Yep , not sure when they changed the camera mechanism but thinking it was the 10 model onwards. Curious to see if it kills the camera or if the cradle is stable enough

I had my doubts before I got it and built an anti vibe system to go above my roadbook but now I've seen it I have reverted to mounting it on the bmw nav bar, where the phone touch's the cradle it's all rubber, the back, sides, top holder, bottom clamp and the adjustable size adapter. I can't feel any vibes through it but haven't ridden it enough to fully test, hopefully tomorrow. The phone doesn't touch anything that isn't rubber isolated so it looks promising.

Would a Zumo XT clamp into the cradle ? 12.6 x 8.6 x 2.4 centimetres. I ask because this seems the best satnav available at the moment.

Fitted my cradle today, nice and straight forward, downloaded some maps for the app. Just got to import some routes to try now.

I fitted mine today.

It clips in well and doesn’t look too bad.

That it remote charges the phone is a bonus, not least as the Garmin and BMW app’s can be a bit power hungry.

07a092352aa8f0d459e7ba7f9242667f.jpg

Downsides? I have to remove the ‘bumper’ case from my phone.

I have a spare phone which I might surrender for use just in the cradle. That way, I don’t mind if the camera self-destructs.

I like the cradle a lot but the app is still not quite there for me personally. I have mounted the bmw nav holder back where it normally lives and moved my roadbook holder back onto my flexxbars. I only have the roadbook on for rallies as much as it looks cool when it's fitted. I will look for a cheap nav 5 for off road riding but use the cradle for powering the rally trip app when rallying and for navigating to events. So for me it's just an expensive charger with limited ability. Maybe the more I use while I wait for a cheap nav 5 to turn up I may grow to like it more or they may update it, we will see.

Back
Top Bottom