Bemoto

Mr Bean

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Did an online quote.

Bemoto were around £90 more than MCN and Bikesure.

Two phone calls and two emails later and still no alternative offer - TBF, I wasn't going to go through all my details again - they had them already. WTF, don't these places give you a call back with a price, rather than waste your time confirming what you've already entered - line by fucking line.

It was the same with another fuckwit who wanted to call Adrian Flux whilst I was hanging on the phone - why didn't the twat call them before calling me as they had my details?

Fucking eejits

I found Benoit useless- took all my details and failed to return with a quote, despite me nudging them. And I am a relatively low risk customer (old and boring, living in rural area with clean license).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just been advised one of my policies has auto renewed and they took thr money for the massively over priced renewal from my card.

I have evidence of no auto renewal instruction and no recurring credit card authorisation being in place. They just emailed the cancellation notice and there may be a ‘cancellation fee ‘ .

This is going to get messy.

I’ve just been advised one of my policies has auto renewed and they took thr money for the massively over priced renewal from my card.

I have evidence of no auto renewal instruction and no recurring credit card authorisation being in place. They just emailed the cancellation notice and there may be a ‘cancellation fee ‘ .

This is going to get messy.

almost all vehicle policies now auto renew, it is to prevent uninsured vehicles and not down to the insurance company, you are required to tell them that you are changing to a different company or not renewing

almost all vehicle policies now auto renew, it is to prevent uninsured vehicles and not down to the insurance company, you are required to tell them that you are changing to a different company or not renewing

That’s just daft.

Why don’t I just invite them to empty my bank account too or come and check down the back of my sofa for dropped coins.

That’s just daft.

Why don’t I just invite them to empty my bank account too or come and check down the back of my sofa for dropped coins.

I dont get it, its your money, your insurance, your responsibility to tell the insurance company, not sure where the daft comes in,

I dont get it, its your money, your insurance, your responsibility to tell the insurance company, not sure where the daft comes in,

I bought a one year policy and said so not auto renew. They auto renewed charged my credit card an increased premium.

It’s not due until next week.

I did tell them not to auto renew I also told them I do not want and they do not have a Continuous Payment Authority.

They’ve increased premium, charged my card and started a policy 5 days before the current one expires.

In France the law says that unless you specifically cancel vehicle insurance it carries on regardless and you're obliged to pay. You have to send them a registered letter within a particular time frame to cancel the insurance.

I bought a one year policy and said so not auto renew. They auto renewed charged my credit card an increased premium.

It’s not due until next week.

I did tell them not to auto renew I also told them I do not want and they do not have a Continuous Payment Authority.

They’ve increased premium, charged my card and started a policy 5 days before the current one expires.

Report it to your bank and the financial services regulator ,the latter does not look kindly on such unauthorised transactions

I always tell all of my insurers not to auto renew.
All of my insurers auto ignore that instruction.

I always tell all of my insurers not to auto renew.
All of my insurers auto ignore that instruction.

seems to be changing with some - last year, Hastings gave me the option to cancel auto-renew. The renewal notice came last week and it confirms my policy will lapse in a couple of weeks. I have renewed at a 25% lower premium with Ageas and they had a tick box on the payment page to select a one off payment or auto-renew. I chose the former.

seems to be changing with some - last year, Hastings gave me the option to cancel auto-renew. The renewal notice came last week and it confirms my policy will lapse in a couple of weeks. I have renewed at a 25% lower premium with Ageas and they had a tick box on the payment page to select a one off payment or auto-renew. I chose the former.

Hastings came up with the lowest quote and then I read their reviews. Still looking..

In France the law says that unless you specifically cancel vehicle insurance it carries on regardless and you're obliged to pay. You have to send them a registered letter within a particular time frame to cancel the insurance.

Thankfully (to some at least) we don’t live in France and, as such, are immune to their strange ways.

Back
Top Bottom