Alt Rider rack

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I ordered the Alt Rider 0n 18th August and it eventually turned up last week. from Adventure Bike Shop. They were out of stock in Europe and had to order in from the US but the biggest delay was getting it from Holland........Brexit strikes again.

Anyway, great piece of kit and once I get a couple of small brackets altered, my small Verns top box will fit perfectly.

Like all Alt Rider stuff it's really well made and fits perfectly.

Whilst there, I fitted the Alt Rider crash bars after having them powder coated black.

Got a few more bits to do in readiness for Morocco in February and Alaska in July :D

Attachments

• IMG_9997.jpg
    IMG_9997.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_9996.jpg
    IMG_9996.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9994.jpg
    IMG_9994.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_9995.jpg
    IMG_9995.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 114
Always liked the Tenere had 3 of them, pity they've stopped making them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You cannot beat Alt-rider for quality I had the same crash bars, good fit, Stainless and do a good job if you drop the bike. You can also get the side panels off with care without removing he bars.

Whilst I run an AltRider rack on my Super10, along with a Givi box, they do come with a few words of caution. Some guys in the States have managed to induce cracks around the fixings, believe it or not given the substance of the thing, when riding the rough stuff. Seems there are a few possible reasons: -

- Overtightening the fixings; they are, or at least were countersunk SS bolts, so over-torqueing could stress the alloy rack.
- Overloading - pretty obvious, but it's commonplace as we all know.
- Pillion riders leaning back, kicking & generally stressing the rear appendage.
- Helpful others, using the rack to help pick the bike up after a fall.

I'm sure everyone in UKGSerland is far too sensible? to fall foul. They are an excellent rack, far more substantial than the alloy Givi plate & they provide that extra bit of room if you carry a pillion & use a top box.

Back
Top Bottom