New bike day!

New right side bar was £130 ish plus vat, x head guards will cover up the valve cover, but the valve cover is only £140 and the mirror adapter is £6+vat, so not cheap, but with these parts changed there would be absolutely no other marks on the bike, so not devastating. A £300 repair bill isn’t the end of the world.

One advantage of GSs is that they drop well, the OEM head guards are very good

Mine’s been over 3 times now and just has a slight scratch on the replaceable plastic bit of one head guard :nenau

New right side bar was £130 ish plus vat, x head guards will cover up the valve cover, but the valve cover is only £140 and the mirror adapter is £6+vat, so not cheap, but with these parts changed there would be absolutely no other marks on the bike, so not devastating. A £300 repair bill isn’t the end of the world.

maybe add to list to buy

https://www.anlas-tyres.co.uk/winter-grip-plus-uk/

You’d have been proud dude, last time I saw such a graceful pirouette was Torville and Dean winning gold at the olympics :D

The weather properly caught me out, but at least my poop hole still works and holds in poop :D

You're always 'graceful' where your movements are concerned ;)

why not just leave it as it is and put the new bits on when you sell it ? we may get more snow :p

The crash bars will save scratches etc at low speeds but I can testify to the fact that they aren’t so great at high speeds (based on a poll of 1)

I got sideswiped while overtaking a car and although it looked superficial the crash bar on bending had pulled one of the bolts completely out the crankcase.

Easily sorted either by tapping and re threading or helicoiling but if it’s an insurance job like mine was it was a write off.

Attachments

• 4C7680AD-CDF2-480C-9686-CAEC190DEAF8.jpeg
    4C7680AD-CDF2-480C-9686-CAEC190DEAF8.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 594
Machine Art covers work...well at least at a standstill
Nothing else touched the ground

And if you get them, only 3 screws on each side. I take them off after wet riding or washing the bike to dry off under them

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 596
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 588
Interesting. 1st time seeing these. Having been caught out having to ride in sub-zero temps with plenty of ice and snow in the Alps before, I think there is still an enormous amount of rider skill needed to keep a bike upright in the snow/ice, on tyres without studs.

I being honest would like to not try. :beerjug:

Well Bumblebutt managed to get her new bike home in one peice :D

Finally got her on a GS and she loves it!

Attachments

• B1BEDFE0-B2ED-4F99-B65A-2960C83BB5DC.jpeg
    B1BEDFE0-B2ED-4F99-B65A-2960C83BB5DC.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 428
Can’t imagine how someone as ugly as you managed to ensnare such a lovely looking lass!:D
Because I’m funny (and my mate sells rohypnol which I put a small amount in her tea every morning, not enough to knock her out, but she’s usually not fully aware of what’s going on :D).

Interesting. 1st time seeing these. Having been caught out having to ride in sub-zero temps with plenty of ice and snow in the Alps before, I think there is still an enormous amount of rider skill needed to keep a bike upright in the snow/ice, on tyres without studs.
Just back from just that!! And yes, on road tyres it's very very tricky. Did 40km riding in the black wheel tracks on the motorway. Outside lane all white, not being used. Tiring work!

I think some sawn off skis strapped to the crash bars would be better

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Machine Art covers work...well at least at a standstill
Nothing else touched the ground

And if you get them, only 3 screws on each side. I take them off after wet riding or washing the bike to dry off under them

Can those small knocks be patched up at all or do you have to buy a new one/pair?

Back
Top Bottom