R100GS Lowered Pegs excitement

Migsel do a shorter lever in stainless which works well on mine
Not seen on their website. Perhaps they now favour the 'roll'.

I adjusted the gear pedal upward this afternoon but no time to take it out for a ride. Feels better though, just sitting on the bike.

Or the Migsel option. It does require modding the lever though. https://www.migsel.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=51

GLS - Any chance of a link to the Siebenrock pegs? Their website isn't the easiest to work out. The ones I looked at don't look as wide as those in the OP. :nenau:

These are what I ordered - the on-line picture is a bit shitty. You get what I have pictured. https://www.siebenrock.com/en/chassis/frame/2943/lowered-driver-foot-pegs?c=634

I've got a Migsel 'roll' on order. We'll see what happens if/when it turns up. The didn't charge for shipping...

Yes that’s the kit, I have it on two bikes and I’m pleased. As you say good value.
Not a sure foot because the bike is fairly moded it’s a one off.

the bike is fairly moded it’s a one off.

This one?
attachment.php

I fitted the Fastway pegs to my early paralever GS. The pegs were sold to fit a 1200GS twin cam, but bolt straight on to the prettier, earlier bike. The Migsel roller is fit to a standard shortened bmw lever.
Fatway footpegs give a Great Wide & Comfy spot for your feet. In a perfect world an inch lower would be better !!

Attachments

• 20210723_154938.jpg
    20210723_154938.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 325
Nice thing about the Fastway peg is all the extra width is behind the centre line so helps a lot with room on for the gear-lever.
They aren’t as low as the other though.

The new pegs are further forward. I don't think fitting them on opposite sides would work - they are handed (or 'footed'). My pictures were meant to show the width of the pegs, the height, and how far forward they are. It was clear when I fitted then that one was left and one was right.

I lowered Jills 100GS foot rests. Simply cut them off and with a small plate lowered them verticaly. Worked great.

Had the excuse to go for a much longer ride this week, A-roads from Salisbury to Bristol and a lot of city riding when I got there (55 miles). Similar on the way back. Changing gear was not really an issue with my adjusted (not shortened yet) gear lever but it does need improvement. Braking was ok but I might adjust it to reduce the travel a bit. The riding position was lovely.

Migsel have acknowledged the order so the 'roll' is probably on its way. Not as quick as Siebenrock.

Had the excuse to go for a much longer ride this week, A-roads from Salisbury to Bristol and a lot of city riding when I got there (55 miles). Similar on the way back. Changing gear was not really an issue with my adjusted (not shortened yet) gear lever but it does need improvement. Braking was ok but I might adjust it to reduce the travel a bit. The riding position was lovely.

Migsel have acknowledged the order so the 'roll' is probably on its way. Not as quick as Siebenrock.

Santa arrived yesterday with my prezzie. I fitted the gear side and agree with everything you said above. Not had time to fit the brake side yet and am , like you, awaiting Mr Migsel. :thumb2

Well, blow my socks off I got the package from Migsel today. It looks a high-quality product. The black bit is hard plastic, not rubberised.

Attachments

• IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2708.jpg
    IMG_2708.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 278
Both pegs fitted. Shins are closer to the Bings and will have to sit a bit further back, I think. That means the single seat will have to make way for the dual seat, we'll see after a test ride. No sign of Mr Migsel yet.

30 miles or so on a wee test run and they're certainly comfier than the oem pegs. Gear changing is OK down the way. Not so great going up the box where I had to use the instep of my foot rather than the toe. Brake side is OK and will be a bit better with a bit of brake adjustment. The rear brake on the GS is um ... er ... not so great in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom