fuel injector repair?

Dermot.B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get fuel injectors overhauled? I am trying to get a friends VFR started and I think the injectors are an issue. Preferably over here but all options considered.

power them up with a " power probe " , remember they prob only run at 5-6 volts, do they go click when energized ? when alive can you blow air through them ?

no one will o/haul them , just clean and test them , depending on fittings.

https://www.asnu.com/service-centres

Westward Engineering
Enfield Industrial Estate
Co.Meath
Ireland
+353 (0)46 9541622

near you.

Thanks I'll give that a go. I priced a new set but they work out at over €1200.

Have you given Merv in Bray Honda a shout?

He has done a few jobs on my Crosstourer since I got it and I would trust him 100%

S20 5G sent this......

The bike has been garaged for the best part of 20years, the fuel pump was seized and replaced I now have fuel to the throttle body current at the injectors but no fuel delivery. If I pour fuel down the throttle trumpets it will fire.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

You need a noid Injector tester or you might get away with an LED test lamp

Before you do anything else you need to check if there is a signal at the injector wiring

Back flushing with compressed air "off the Bike" could free up the needles and also has the advantage of blowing crap out of the body

You should also cycle the pump a few times to flush the lines

power them up with a " power probe " , remember they prob only run at 5-6 volts, do they go click when energized ? when alive can you blow air through them ?

no one will o/haul them , just clean and test them , depending on fittings.

https://www.asnu.com/service-centres

Westward Engineering
Enfield Industrial Estate
Co.Meath
Ireland
+353 (0)46 9541622

near you.

Thanks for the info. I would never have guessed they worked on 6v. Got a lend of a voltage generator gave the injectors 6v and a clatter and with a bit of excercising got all 4 clicking. then filled the inlet port with carb cleaner continously over a weekend and excercised again alternating with air and carb cleaner and eventually got a nice cone coming from all 4. Jobs oxo, thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom