BSA Gold Star

I think its terrific that we as bike enthusiasts have the wide choice of bikes from either one of these up to and including the latest offerings from BMW, Ducati, Honda.............the list is near endless. A good time to be a biker me thinks.

Lots of good points on both sides of the coin.:thumb2

The Enfield has four years of production under its belt with no issues. All credit to them.
I'm pinning my hopes the Gold Star will be as durable due to its Rotax designed engine and
long period of testing that BSA have carried out.
A leap of faith indeed. Just like the early adopters of the Interceptor who trusted Indian motorcycle
build quality of a newly developed engine, albeit by a long established company.

You've not ridden an Interceptor yet, I've offered you mine for comparison. I'll even get an old car radiator from the scrappy and fasten it on the front for you :D

Well I'm certainly interested in motorcycles, only been riding them these last sixty+ years, and having owned a Royal Enfield I just can't see the new BSA as a competitor to the Royal Enfield. They are poles apart, not in the same league even .... I'll watch with much interest :thumb2

:beerjug:

I enjoy seeing these retro bikes reappearing and I think having the option of twins or singles is ready great. The more choice in this market, the merrier.

Now, who will be first to build a square four?

Well I'm certainly interested in motorcycles, only been riding them these last sixty+ years, and having owned a Royal Enfield I just can't see the new BSA as a competitor to the Royal Enfield. They are poles apart, not in the same league even .... I'll watch with much interest :thumb2

Hmmm ... The Himalayan is a very different bike Micky. Wotcha mean?

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking.:confused:

Anyway Pete, I thought you were going to test ride the Beezer by now?

That's what I'm thinking.:confused:

Anyway Pete, I thought you were going to test ride the Beezer by now?
Early days Stu. This is the frozen north y'know! A bit milder than the Yukon today mind!

I'm thinking the BSA doesn't appear as good a quality as Royal Enfield .... or dealer network?

Maybe Stu can clear my thinking up :D

Sent using my fingers :D

They must be hitting 800,000 bike sales per year now, is any other manufacturer closest that?

This is 2022 up to October......

In 2022 sales are fast growing up sustained by strong demand in India and South America and by remarkable gain in market share both in Europe and ASEAN tanks to success of last model line.

In October global sales grew up at 83.089 (+78.0%) and year to date figures are 657.846 (+33.9%), combining the recovery in India with a fast-track all around the World.

In India sales were 586.704 (+33.2%) while in Latin America boomed 44.9%, keeping an impressive speed in Brazil (+51.6%), Argentina (+41.2%) and Mexico (+88.0%), Chile (+76.5%) and in all others countries.

Royal Enfield is the only Indian company to have approached the European market and the results are outstanding, with sales up 39.4% with amazing success in Italy (+113%), Germany (+50.7%), Greece (+264%) and the UK (+37.8%).

That's a lot of bikes and reliability / quality resulting in loyal repeat customers.

BSA have started doing prototypes for a scrambler. I've been told it will share the same frame as the
Gold Star and I believe it's called the X65 Hurricane. Early days yet, so I say this with a hint of caution.

Attachments

• bsa_x_65_hurricane_scrambler_by_obiboi_df9nw51-250t.jpg
    bsa_x_65_hurricane_scrambler_by_obiboi_df9nw51-250t.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 168
BSA have started doing prototypes for a scrambler. I've been told it will share the same frame as the
Gold Star and I believe it's called the X65 Hurricane. Early days yet, so I say this with a hint of caution.

Looks kinda familiar ……..

Attachments

• 48BEFA5C-C4B8-4C3D-BC40-51227286A925.jpg
    48BEFA5C-C4B8-4C3D-BC40-51227286A925.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 163

I believe its not official just a guy very good at photoshop, he also does a lot of virtual Guzzi concepts

I believe its not official just a guy very good at photoshop, he also does a lot of virtual Guzzi concepts

It looks much better than this official offering (pig ugly imho). Maybe BSA should work with him.

Attachments

• scrambler-650-right-front-three-quarter.jpeg
    scrambler-650-right-front-three-quarter.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 147
I quite like the look of BSA's own scrambler and it makes perfect sense that they would make it.

Let's be honest, very few will see dirt but they will look cool outside Camden barber shops while owners get their beards trimmed.

Back
Top Bottom