BSA Gold Star

Had a quick look through the thread, apologies if shown before ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8AQWhJG14Qg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QvoBMh6G-no" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks kinda good :thumb

:beerjug:

Just sat on this at a dealership in Lancashire. The photos don't do it justice but it looks stunning in the flesh.
It felt really comfortable with it's pegs being set at a relaxed position so your knees aren't overly bent, this was despite my sexy 32" inside leg.
Also a nice upright handlebar position as well.
For a 6'1" unathletic galoot the ergonomics were user friendly on my pie eating, beer drinking frame, and the bike just looked 'right' in comparison to the pre production model I saw some months ago. If that makes sense.
Can't wait for a test ride, just waiting for a suitable window in the weather to appear.

Attachments

• IMG_20221206_120611513_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221206_120611513_HDR.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 234
Saw one going out on test ride today at Bill Smith Chester. Sales guy said they had one demo, but bikes were coming through, however he expected most owners to wait until after Jan Feb to collect due to winter weather.

Attachments

• 70C0C7E3-0F70-41C2-85F9-7010C0D99D89.jpeg
    70C0C7E3-0F70-41C2-85F9-7010C0D99D89.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 240
Saw one in bill smiths , Chester ,looked ok but that radiator just spoils the whole bike ,the sales bloke wasn’t impressed with my comment .he did fire it up and was very quiet also I was expecting it to vibrate a bit . If the water cooling is to enable the bike to comply with emissions how does the Enfield interceptor get through . I think that’s air cooled with a oil rad but could be wrong .
Could they not locate the rad somewhere else ,Benelli had a model with rads mounted under the seat with some fans to draw air through them .

Saw one in bill smiths , Chester ,looked ok but that radiator just spoils the whole bike ,the sales bloke wasn’t impressed with my comment .he did fire it up and was very quiet also I was expecting it to vibrate a bit . If the water cooling is to enable the bike to comply with emissions how does the Enfield interceptor get through . I think that’s air cooled with a oil rad but could be wrong .
Could they not locate the rad somewhere else ,Benelli had a model with rads mounted under the seat with some fans to draw air through them .

I get what you're saying and maybe I'm a bit of a philistine re radiatorgate which seems to be focusing people's eye
away from the rest of the bike.
I must admit I was of the same vein as you when I first saw the pre-production model, but when I saw the actual
production bike today it changed my mind. The rad now looks slimmer and narrower than the pre-production one
and really goes unnoticed IMHO. Admittedly if you're a purest and into classic bikes it will be heresy and you will see it
as a radiator off a Morris Minor. The bike looks stunning and very well put together and perhaps they could have put
the radiator under the seat with a couple of fans, but they've gone for simplicity. Anyway who wants to hear a couple
of fans kicking in every time you're in traffic.

I think the radiator spoils the bike, at least Triumph have made the rads on the Bonnevilles less conspicuous. Get the Guzzi Stu, air cooled and a far nicer looking bike IMHO, or an Interceptor for air cooled simplicity and £2000 cheaper than the Guzzi.

Saw one going out on test ride today at Bill Smith Chester. Sales guy said they had one demo, but bikes were coming through, however he expected most owners to wait until after Jan Feb to collect due to winter weather.

we are filming that very bike next week

Take more when you do your test ride please Stu. Plus a wee report. :thumb2

Will do Pete,:thumb2 but it won't be until the new year because the weather has now dropped to zero and I'm going to Tenerife
next week. Hopefully a test ride will be on in January, weather permitting. As you can see below EKIMYRF of the LDG is doing
a video review of the Goldie next week, so I'll leave the report to the professionals. No doubt he'll post it up on here.

I think the radiator spoils the bike, at least Triumph have made the rads on the Bonnevilles less conspicuous. Get the Guzzi Stu, air cooled and a far nicer looking bike IMHO, or an Interceptor for air cooled simplicity and £2000 cheaper than the Guzzi.

I wouldn't let the radiator put you off, it's well worth seeing one in the flesh. The Guzzi I rode last week was nice but I'll wait to
see how the Goldie rides, it certainly looks a quality machine. Book a test ride Al, you may like it.:thumb2

we are filming that very bike next week

Will look forward to seeing the video.:thumb2

Just watched TMF's review it looks a well put together bike, shame about the rad though.

attachment.php

Is he checking to see if it's firing on one?

Quite a few YouTube reviews out now that some bikes have appeared..... pretty mixed bunch of positive and negative aspects, radiator etc and tackiest seem to be the vinyl stickers on the casings etc and handling compared to the Interceptor, probably its main competitor. I want BSA to succeed but have doubts about dealer network etc.

TMF gives it the thumbs up.:thumb2

It's a poor time of the year to make the demo bikes available.:blast

Jonno, I guess it is a debatable point, do you define it by the origination of the marque, it's ownership or where they are manufactured?

Isn't the location of 'Design' what would make it fundamentally 'British'? (After all, isn't that now what the term has come to stand for, being country-neutral?).

Back
Top Bottom