Warranty/Breakdown cover. RT1250LE

Tyddewi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The above bike was registered new, by a dealer, on 1st September 2020 as a demonstrator. Due to Corvus/lockdown, the bike covered 34 miles and I purchased the bike from the dealer on 15th December 2020. Bikes been fabulous over the past 6000miles.

I have received conflicting information, from a number of different dealers, regarding warranty/breakdown cover. Simply, I would like to know, for how long it is covered for and does breakdown cover last for the same period of time. Does the bike have a 3 year manufactures warranty?

I sincerely hope that I will never need to use it, but!

I look forward to the responses and opinions

The above bike was registered new, by a dealer, on 1st September 2020 as a demonstrator. Due to Corvus/lockdown, the bike covered 34 miles and I purchased the bike from the dealer on 15th December 2020. Bikes been fabulous over the past 6000miles.

I have received conflicting information, from a number of different dealers, regarding warranty/breakdown cover. Simply, I would like to know, for how long it is covered for and does breakdown cover last for the same period of time. Does the bike have a 3 year manufactures warranty?

The bike will have 3 years warranty and BMW rescue from the first registration date, so 3 years from 1st Sept 2020. I have a 2019 1250 purchased in April 2019, my warranty runs out next April. I also help to look after 2 x 1250s, both 2020, and both have 3 years warranty and we have used BMW rescue. Plus a new 21 1250RT, in Sept and that has a warranty and BME Rescue for 3 years. Not sure where your confusion is coming from.

The bike will have 3 years warranty and BMW rescue from the first registration date, so 3 years from 1st Sept 2020. I have a 2019 1250 purchased in April 2019, my warranty runs out next April. I also help to look after 2 x 1250s, both 2020, and both have 3 years warranty and we have used BMW rescue. Plus a new 21 1250RT, in Sept and that has a warranty and BME Rescue for 3 years. Not sure where your confusion is coming from.

One dealer has told me that, as my bike is ‘“ an approved used bike “ then the warranty/ roadside assist is two years only, from the date purchased by me, that is to 15th December 2022!
I have also been advised on similar lines to what you have suggested.

One dealer has told me that, as my bike is ‘“ an approved used bike “ then the warranty/ roadside assist is two years only, from the date purchased by me, that is to 15th December 2022!
I have also been advised on similar lines to what you have suggested.

I would say, even if the bike has had an approved used warranty when sold, the manufacturers warranty is for 3 years including rescue and that moves with the bike. So I would say you have manufacturers warranty regardless of approved warranty. One of our bikes was purchased used from a dealer and still has the 3 year warranty including rescue. The approved used warranty would only come into play if the period went past the end of the manufactures warranty. But I am willing to be educated if this is not the case, but it would be news to me :) You could always phone BMW customer service and ask.

Phone BMW UK, ask them, get it in writing. They are the people that issue the warranty and send you the little silver card etc not the dealer, all they do is fill out a form.

Back
Top Bottom