Vfr 750ft - whats this...

gazuk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
And why is it leaking petrol.

Can't find any reference to it in my haynes manual

(its hanging down as i have unclipped it and removed its rubber cover)
d4dd921f2a0b7fa4a4740c20d2585031.jpg
5d8f9a7a5547f104ec4818b2fa051808.jpg

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Thought it was a uk bike.

Managed to stop the leak by turning off petrol tap. Nice of honda to make to remove seat unit to get at tap
5f9d45834227d676ec7e69d04c91f819.jpg

Ah, thanks, that looks like the fella, but bloody ell, how much

Will need rubber casing as well at 14 quid

Thought it was a uk bike.

Managed to stop the leak by turning off petrol tap. Nice of honda to make to remove seat unit to get at tap
5f9d45834227d676ec7e69d04c91f819.jpg

Pretty sure I managed to get my hand in under the tank to turn off the tap without having to remove the rear plastics. I just removed the tank retaining bolts and lifted it slightly

And now i know what it is i found it in the haynes manual, in the electrical section

Pretty sure I managed to get my hand in under the tank to turn off the tap without having to remove the rear plastics. I just removed the tank retaining bolts and lifted it slightly
Probably can in the future now i know exactly where it is.

After market pumps are pretty cheap, given it's low pressure just to keep the carbs fed.

In an emergency many have bypassed the pump & fed the carbs direct.

After market pumps are pretty cheap, given it's low pressure just to keep the carbs fed.

In an emergency many have bypassed the pump & fed the carbs direct.

I think that was the case with late model XRV 750 Africa Twins too. The pump was prone to failing but if you kept the tank more than half full gravity would suffice.

I think that was the case with late model XRV 750 Africa Twins too. The pump was prone to failing but if you kept the tank more than half full gravity would suffice.

The upgrade was to fit a Facet pump.
Also a common failure on KTM 950s, the contact points fail. I upgraded mine with a Dr Bean solid state circuit to eliminate the points as the cheap aftermarket pumps don't last 5 minutes.

The upgrade was to fit a Facet pump.
Also a common failure on KTM 950s, the contact points fail. I upgraded mine with a Dr Bean solid state circuit to eliminate the points as the cheap aftermarket pumps don't last 5 minutes.

Yes, the fuel pump failed on my KTM950, and the forum recommendation was a Facet. As I remember it is aerospace quality?

Back
Top Bottom