RST Pro Series Adventure-X CE Mens Textile Jacket

Stevie900

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have any thoughts on RST Pro Series Adventure-X CE Mens Textile Jacket and trousers?

I have just sold a set , as I just dont do the kind of riding that calls for an adventure kit anymore.
They seem really well put together, full armour lots of pockets and vents for the summer , and a full zip in waterproof and thermal layer for colder riding
if I had kept it I may have swapped the back protector for a lighter one .

I have just sold a set , as I just dont do the kind of riding that calls for an adventure kit anymore.
They seem really well put together, full armour lots of pockets and vents for the summer , and a full zip in waterproof and thermal layer for colder riding
if I had kept it I may have swapped the back protector for a lighter one .

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

Depends on how and what for you intend to use it. For bog-standard, non-intensive use it will be fine.

At the end of a 3-month London-Beijing trip I put my Klim Badlands through the washing machine and it came out like new. My mate with the RST Adventure suit put it in a Beijing hotel bin…

“At the end of a 3-month London-Beijing trip I put my Klim Badlands through the washing machine and it came out like new. My mate with the RST Adventure suit put it in a Beijing hotel bin…”

Given that the Klim Badlands jacket is £1500 (yes, really) and that the RST Adventure jacket is £300 I am not surprised at this, Richard. If you aren’t doing anything as extreme as the 17,000 mile trip from London to Beijing then the RST jacket will be absolutely fine, Stevie.

“At the end of a 3-month London-Beijing trip I put my Klim Badlands through the washing machine and it came out like new. My mate with the RST Adventure suit put it in a Beijing hotel bin…”

Given that the Klim Badlands jacket is £1500 (yes, really) and that the RST Adventure jacket is £300 I am not surprised at this, Richard. If you aren’t doing anything as extreme as the 17,000 mile trip from London to Beijing then the RST jacket will be absolutely fine, Stevie.

I agree…

What size are you after?

I have a near on brand new one sitting in the wardrobe .

Wore it for a week and realised too big for me

Thanks, I think it’ll suit me. I did look at Rukka but I just couldn’t justify over £2k for a suit that won’t get a lot of use.

They are really good at their products. I used to them but not causally if you are in city casual rider then should suggest you visit Viking Group. Currently, they are running their two sites (Viking Bags and Viking Cycle). from the gears site you can get the best casual protected gears from them but if you are a hard adventures rider then suggests you go with RST.

I have a jacket I have been using for the last 7 years - had to have the zips replaced but apart from that seems fine

what sizes and colour matey, oh and is it waterproof without the liner ?

TBH I dont consider them waterproof _with_ the liner actually. After an hour or so in the rain the outer is saturated and the thin liner is wicking water through on all the contact points. You need a waterproof overjacket too for real rain. Great if it only rains in bursts, but my klim only lets rain in down the armholes and neckhole.

Back
Top Bottom