US gallons

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For some reason I have the fuel volumes set to UK gallons in the settings but it reads US gallons when on the bike?
Has anyone else had this issue and if so how do you resolve it?

Well done a reboot and the app should the it has been set to US gallons, haven't tried it on the bike yet to test it.

just to be pedantic you do know that us gallons and uk gallons are both the same, ie 8 pints = 1 gallon.
its the pint that is different ie 16 fluid ounces not 20 as per the uk pint

That's not pedantic that's information we all need to know.

3.785 litres to the US gallon
4.546 litres to the UK gallon

Why are yank pints smaller than English pints and does this go for condoms too?

Why are yank pints smaller than English pints and does this go for condoms too?

to be fair the yank system is way more sensible if you can have a sensible Imperial system (why do yanks have an imperial system anyway ? they never had nor wanted an empire or emperor)

1 cup = 1/2 pint 8 oz
2 cup 16oz
16 oz = 1 pint also = 1 pound
2 pint quart
4 pint half gallon
8 pint gallon

ours is based on the uk gallon being on 10 pounds of water, so 5 pounds = half gallon etc and so on down, makes the measurement of fluid ounces very difficult
oh yank oz are bigger than uk ones, by about 4-5%

US gallon being based on a wine gallon which was determined by cubic inches, tis fecking confusing, its all approximate anyway we apparently changed the gallon to equal a certain portion of a liter.

There are fucking idiots in this country that want to go back to this god awful system !!!!!!!!!!!!

metric base 10 and everything in multiples either up or down in size makes life much easier, Ltrs is the only way to go

oh the only place in the world that smaller condoms are sold is south east asia, other than that its the same size everywhere, condoms are made to accommodate the fact that in the US they are far bigger knobs than elsewhere in the world

I always thought the US gallon was based on a measure of corn/barley :nenau

wine gallon of 231 cubic inches same as we used up to early 1800's when we changed to a gallon being 10 pounds in weight of water but yanks stayed with the previous measure

Reinstalled the app, restarted everything and still defaults to gallons, emailed BMW and waiting on a reply from the connect department.

Yanks are on the metric system, I think it was President Reagan who adopted it,

Some businesses use metric exclusively, others use both, but most continue with imperial

I know NASA use metric, I suspect Tesla does as well, I can’t see why they wouldn’t, anyone confirm?

Back
Top Bottom