Old bloke, new member, Isle of Man

StuManx

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all. I just traded in my '06 K1200R (too sporty) for a lovely '06 R1200GS and had my first ride a couple of days ago - with my IAM observer Chris (fellow GS owner who recommended this site) and I have to say I feel 100% more comfortable on the GS. In fact I just posted a video on YouTube (search for my channel 'Stu Peters' and you'll see a couple of bike videos).

I'm doing the IAM advanced rider course as I'm only a born again fair weather hobby biker and I'm not half as confident on a bike as I am in a car, and being old I want to avoid gravel rash (or worse) if I can. But being in The Motorsport Capital Of The World it would be rude not to enjoy the occasional bimble with pals.

Anyhoo, that'll do as an introduction - I'll probably annoy people with dumb questions in the fullness of time...

Hi and welcome to the forum Stu. Lots on here to entertain and amuse you. Nice ride around Douglas. I could tell you’re a fan of the huge amounts spent on the promenade. Enjoy the months ahead on your new bike.

Welcome Stu.
Did my IAM a few years back so I could do Blood Bikes.
Currently on my 4th & 5th GSes (Twin cam and airhead) although 1200 will have to go.
Looking forward to getting back to the Island for the Classic/Manx although dismayed about news re the latter having missed out the last two years.

Welcome friend and no question is dumb if you don’t know the answer

Welcome to all things UKGSer Stu ... get stuck in and enjoy :thumb

Congrats too on coming straight in as a subscribed member ... you'll get your moneys worth for sure :thumb

:beerjug:

Hello all. I just traded in my '06 K1200R (too sporty) for a lovely '06 R1200GS and had my first ride a couple of days ago - with my IAM observer Chris (fellow GS owner who recommended this site) and I have to say I feel 100% more comfortable on the GS. In fact I just posted a video on YouTube (search for my channel 'Stu Peters' and you'll see a couple of bike videos).

I'm doing the IAM advanced rider course as I'm only a born again fair weather hobby biker and I'm not half as confident on a bike as I am in a car, and being old I want to avoid gravel rash (or worse) if I can. But being in The Motorsport Capital Of The World it would be rude not to enjoy the occasional bimble with pals.

Anyhoo, that'll do as an introduction - I'll probably annoy people with dumb questions in the fullness of time...

I love the Isle of Man and can't wait to visit again.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your great new bike.

Back
Top Bottom