USB-C

The ports on your Mac Air are really Thunderbolt 3 ports masquerading as USB3.

Try using one of those 3 or 4 port unpowered adapters found on amazon and the like, and it'll work (probably).

I have a few (Anker and the like) and they all work fine - I have one made by "Llano" which also has an ethernet port which has come in handy now and again...

Many Garmin devices seem to be sensitive to battery charge state when first plugging-in; I've had to wait 15 minutes for the internal battery (on a 590) to charge up before it appears in Garmin Express.

Perhaps the adapter is not charging the battery well?

Also, Garmin seem very sensitive to the right USB cable - I use a Garmin one.

HTH.

Many Garmin devices seem to be sensitive to battery charge state when first plugging-in; I've had to wait 15 minutes for the internal battery (on a 590) to charge up before it appears in Garmin Express.

Perhaps the adapter is not charging the battery well?

Also, Garmin seem very sensitive to the right USB cable - I use a Garmin one.

HTH.

Yes, my Nav V will not charge with one of my USB leads , but charges immediately with another. In theory the leads should be identical , but in reality they are not .

Some are charge and others charge/data.
The odd one is data only.
Have found this with things like simple led lights before.

Yes, my Nav V will not charge with one of my USB leads , but charges immediately with another. In theory the leads should be identical , but in reality they are not .

yes that's been discussed, it is best to use the Garmin Lead that came with the Nav

Thanks bowser. Your suggestion as to why it is as it is makes complete sense. I'd decided for myself that Garmin had not moved from the historic mini standard to save on development costs but your detailed explanation is much more convincing. Yes they really should have done it - especially as it was a newly designed product in many ways. My guess is the XT will be around for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom