Help please, difficult to push bike

Plug in a GS 911 diagnostic tool and reset “hard to push around” adaptation.

OK, so how stupid do I feel?:mad: Pushed the pads back in all 3 calipers, but still struggled to push it round. Then I checked the bleeding obvious.............flat tyre on the back!!!. Spoke to the Mrs, she tells me that the local "Bob the Builder" was working at a neighbours house on Monday, and was tidying up the back of the van. I bet a screw or a nail from there was the cause of the problem. Thanks to all who contributed, at least this is an easy fix. I'll crawl back into the corner now and try not to waste your time again.

OK, so how stupid do I feel?:mad: Pushed the pads back in all 3 calipers, but still struggled to push it round. Then I checked the bleeding obvious.............flat tyre on the back!!!. Spoke to the Mrs, she tells me that the local "Bob the Builder" was working at a neighbours house on Monday, and was tidying up the back of the van. I bet a screw or a nail from there was the cause of the problem. Thanks to all who contributed, at least this is an easy fix. I'll crawl back into the corner now and try not to waste your time again.

I read the whole thread and it didn’t waste my time, you always learn something on these threads, even if it’s not always what the original post was about…. glad you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've all done daft things like that. I once fitted a U lock through my front wheel and around the forks in a car park. I forgot about it and of course every time I tried to take the bike off the main stand it wouldn't go anywhere! I checked it wasn't in gear, checked the rear wheel and after calling my mate for advice I eventually found the cause of the problem, cue much embarrassment and apologies for disturbing him. DOH!

Never mind the piss takes. That's par for the course here. It's nothing personal and one of the reasons the site has such a large following. Even Steptoe, who has worked on BMs for decades for his living, will have done something completely daft and will have been royally turned over for it on these pages!

Glad you're sorted! :thumb2

Thanks for sharing the conclusion with us, not everyone does.

For anyone who takes an interest in a thread like this it's good to see how things end up and as has been said, there will have been some learning along the way.

Sometimes its the best way to learn ��
Don’t feel to deflated by the experience :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom