First time flat battery

That's interesting information, maybe the batteries on the 1250GS self discharge more quickly than batteries on the other bikes? or the 1250GS simply consumes more 'standby' current?

The GS has a 12Ah battery, The K16 battery is at 20Ah.

The GS has a 12Ah battery, The K16 battery is at 20Ah.

yes but AGM only go down a little and cannot start bike, and can only use 30% of power, Lithium can use all power and be wake up easily again with little heat from lights start bike without turn engine 4 or 5 times, battery below will fix all problems with trackers for future, if you pay 20,000 gbp for new bike 250gbp more is not a lot to be sure and safe, and fit perfect in bike.

https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk...s/antigravity-atx-12-hd-re-start-battery.html

ATX12-HD-RS

CRANKING AMPS - 480 CA
AMP HOURS (PbEq) - 16 Ah
WEIGHT - 1.36 kg's
LITHIUM ION - HD Power

1.36 Kg versus 4.6Kg for a Yuasa , but £260
Is the weight saving worthwhile?

For the sake of £15 pounds upwards - just buy a trickle charger.
I use a £12.99 Lidl special I purchased 5 years ago on two bikes. Alternate weekly between bikes and all is well.

Or as Winjar states buy a more expensive battery.

yes but AGM only go down a little and cannot start bike, and can only use 30% of power, Lithium can use all power and be wake up easily again with little heat from lights start bike without turn engine 4 or 5 times, battery below will fix all problems with trackers for future, if you pay 20,000 gbp for new bike 250gbp more is not a lot to be sure and safe, and fit perfect in bike.

ATX12-HD-RS

CRANKING AMPS - 480 CA
AMP HOURS (PbEq) - 16 Ah
WEIGHT - 1.36 kg's
LITHIUM ION - HD Power

Out of curiosity, what is the actual Ah of the battery - I believe the term 'PbEq' means equivalent, rather than actual?

Could be important if you have something with a constant current drain attached, such as a tracker/alarm.

Out of curiosity, what is the actual Ah of the battery - I believe the term 'PbEq' means equivalent, rather than actual?

Could be important if you have something with a constant current drain attached, such as a tracker/alarm.

sorry no idea, but friend have tracker alarm and lithium battery and no problems ever to start

Hello … after being let down by the standard battery on my 1250 GSA (same scenario, out of the garage, a few miles and a number of restarts the bike simply does not have enough grunt to turn her over; no tracker, just the BMW SIM, and Optimate 4 when she’s in the garage).

Wondering if there is long term experience with the ATX12-HD (battery with plenty of CCA) in this forum …

Thank you 🙏

Last edited:
Hello … after being let down by the standard battery on my 1250 GSA (same scenario, out of the garage, a few miles and a number of restarts the bike simply does not have enough grunt to turn her over; no tracker, just the BMW SIM, and Optimate 4 when she’s in the garage).

Wondering if there is long term experience with the ATX12-HD (battery with plenty of CCA) in this forum …

Thank you ��

this battery very good and fit perfect

https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/motobatt/mbyz16h/

Back
Top Bottom