Shout out for a great bit of kit.

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Wanted to praise a bit of kit I bought last week.
Set of handlebar jacks…
Had a puncture just three miles into my exile ownership and a mate got a pair of these out to support the handlebars whilst bike was upside down getting repaired in a field.
Took some tracking down and whilst others were £30 plus, these are the same as I used. Less than a tenner delivered.
They are 3d printer but just the whole offering is really well thought out and executed.
Nice touch is the little acorn, and a bespoke labelled delivery box. It had a first and a second class stamp on it so the guy is not in it to make a load of money.
I think that deserves some recognition,
Check it out

Attachments

• FD778922-8EB9-4542-908D-2FBBA2A24728.jpg
    FD778922-8EB9-4542-908D-2FBBA2A24728.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 370
The solution to a problem I didn't realise I had until my first puncture. I laid mine down on it's side on the footpath.

How big are they? I must say I've never really had an issue with too many punctures and when I've had one, it hasn't been taxing to remove a wheel and rest the bike on something, often the ground....would these mean I have to take a far bigger seatpack on the bike?

Ive got a pair of these. They really come into their own if you have an eMTB as they prevent the controller screen (handlebar mounted) from getting scratched / marked up when the bike is upside down to sort punctures.

How big are they? I must say I've never really had an issue with too many punctures and when I've had one, it hasn't been taxing to remove a wheel and rest the bike on something, often the ground....would these mean I have to take a far bigger seatpack on the bike?

The solution to a problem I didn't realise I had until my first puncture. I laid mine down on it's side on the footpath.
please remember guys that I’m new to all this , pedal power version of farkling init?
They are about 120x75x20 so no big rucksack required.
A mate told me that he’d never been in a situation where he was unable to find suitable support “out in the field” but I would be rightly pissed off if I knackered the control display for want of a couple of bits of plastic.

I’ve wasted far more money on way less useful add on for the GS…

What's wrong with a pair of axle stands? I always carry a pair when cycling, just in case.

However, I may add a pair these to my birthday list. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom